SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i am about to start my Husky 510 race build and wanted to get peoples oppinions on what exhaust is best quality for the $ and availability? btw its a 2010 510smr!

Thanks

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I would say Arrow or Leo

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've used Arrow, Leo, and FBF. To be honest they all worked pretty much the same - all were free flowing and better than stock (obviously). I think unless you have some dyno equipment you would be hard pressed to see, or tell, the difference between any of them. As long as it's an open pipe and you tune your EFI or carb you're good to go.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Order a TE510/450 mid-pipe for $125 and put an FMF single ti can on there! Way cheaper, lighter, simpler and makes good noise and power!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Go for the Arrow or Leo in my opinion. Both are spendy compared to the FMF and others. But the quality is second to none. I personally like the dual setup best.
OR
You could gut the stock setup like kid bro did. Don't lose as much weight, but still get the power out of the pipes for a whole $70 and some fab work.

Good luck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
rather then posting another topic about the same situation with the same bike, whats the best solution for a right hand single can on the smr510 2010 ? i was thinking about getting someone to make me a mid pipe locally, and fitting a fmf slip-on (power core 4 - $ 199) onto it, then eliminating the dual exhaust + dual mid pipe all together ?

total cost should be around the 400 range tops, but would it restrict the bike too much vs dual setups ?

sorry if i interrupt the discussion ;)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If I end up keeping mine, I'm gonna get a Leo Ti single exhaust w/ carbon tip. It looks so nice. The FMF is a decent set up, but man is it loud, I might need quieter for some tracks in this area.

rather then posting another topic about the same situation with the same bike, whats the best solution for a right hand single can on the smr510 2010 ? i was thinking about getting someone to make me a mid pipe locally, and fitting a fmf slip-on (power core 4 - $ 199) onto it, then eliminating the dual exhaust + dual mid pipe all together ?

total cost should be around the 400 range tops, but would it restrict the bike too much vs dual setups ?

sorry if i interrupt the discussion ;)

Right side single exhaust would be harder to do, and honestly why? Just do a single left side exit.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If I end up keeping mine, I'm gonna get a Leo Ti single exhaust w/ carbon tip. It looks so nice. The FMF is a decent set up, but man is it loud,
Before we end up with the entire range of available aftermarket Husky silencers:lol:

I'm going to champion the cause of the single FMF here.Even with the spark arrester/quiet insert fitted,the calibrated buttdyno tells me that it's making more power over a single open Arrow pipe and it's new found throttle response is instantly noticeable:thumbup:

..however I do have Autotune fitted and with the FMF it's adding fuel,where before it was removing it with the Arrow

With the quiet insert in place the FMF is about the same/maybe just less noise than std gutted duels I would say...but without the insert fitted?:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I might have to try the quiet insert and see if it works. I agree my bike runs incredibly well with it on there, it's just too loud for certain areas.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I might have to try the quiet insert and see if it works. I agree my bike runs incredibly well with it on there, it's just too loud for certain areas.
I think it might be well worth try?

If I'm honest I was a bit taken back as to how loud that thing was! and took it off pretty much straight away...only to try it again a few days later with the insert fitted just out of curiosity and was istantly impressed by how it improved the bike:clap:

..being used to your open FMF you might not appreciate the gains so much with it muffled,would be interesting to find out tho:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for everyones input on this! i really like the look of the duals but might convert it to single exhaust! i ran fmf on on of my mx bikes and it is way too loud and when i put a db insert it started to burn the can a bit!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Right side single exhaust would be harder to do, and honestly why? Just do a single left side exit.
i like the right side exhaust, as all my other bikes i ever owned had this setup...

but if the left side has to be, ill settle for it ;)

I'm going to champion the cause of the single FMF here.Even with the spark arrester/quiet insert fitted,the calibrated buttdyno tells me that it's making more power over a single open Arrow pipe and it's new found throttle response is instantly noticeable:thumbup:

..however I do have Autotune fitted and with the FMF it's adding fuel,where before it was removing it with the Arrow

With the quiet insert in place the FMF is about the same/maybe just less noise than std gutted duels I would say...but without the insert fitted?:rolleyes2:
you in SC ? if so, id like to meet you possibly to see the FMF on a bike, and what all did you order for yours to be completely setup and fine tuned and such ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
243 Posts
If I end up keeping mine, I'm gonna get a Leo Ti single exhaust w/ carbon tip. It looks so nice. The FMF is a decent set up, but man is it loud, I might need quieter for some tracks in this area.
I would love to have the LeoVince like that, did not know they made one. They do not show any pics on their site when I made a visit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts