SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,quick question, ive got a 5.5 inch alpina rear rim of an sxv lying around and ive got a TE 510 2008 model lying around too, sooo will they mingle? The rear axle sizes are both 25mm for the husky and the aprilia. Anyone running such a wide rim on the stock te swingarm?
Thank you

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another question, I can get supermoto wheels from a 570 , as far as I know the wheels should fit as the axle sizes are supposed to be the same. Also i could get the whole brake setup, and the forks,triples ,swingarm etc.

I know the chain is on the right side so would have to flip the swingarm , just dont know whether it is shorter than the 510 swinger, and the triple clamp offset , is it good in stock form for track riding?

Dont know if it would be worth the hassle but maybe in the future I could get a 570 Te model and switch it to supermoto trim, hah

Anyway knowledgeable people from the husqvarna universe help me out

·
Registered
51 Posts
See if the rim will fit. Only one way to find out. You generally don't touch the rim. That's not your problem. Your issue will be touching the tire. a 5.5 inch is a 140mm rim. You're gonna be putting a 160 tire on this rim, minimum. You're gonna be in for a lot of hurt if that doesn't fit. Measure it. Tape a 160mm bit of wood to the rim, 10mm over each side, mount the wheel, spin it around. See if it will fit. The "tire" (in this case, the wood substitute for width) will touch before the rim will.

Don't waste time with changing the swingarm.... It's far too hard to change over, on any brand. Even harder that the chain's on the completely wrong side. Stick with the stock swingarm. Revalve the stock shock and throw on a different spring. As far as the front suspension goes, why? What benefit does the 570 suspension have over the 510? The 510 has Marzocchi Shivers I believe. The Marzocchi FAR outclasses the stock 570 suspension. Get it resprung + revalved for supermoto if you're really that keen on a motard. My advice would honestly be for you to buy a Husqvarna SM610. But you didn't come here for me to tell you to buy a factory motard. Stick with the parts you have. Build it up. Get stock suspension modified. It will do you a lot more good than any 570 parts transplanted on. The 570 swingarm provides no benefit, only headaches. See how you go.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, yeah i wont go down the route of the suspension transplant, but i bought the 570 sm wheels complete with discs and sprockets. Ill be changing them in the next few days, but I need a new intake manifold/boot my te is a 2008 model but carburated.
Does anyone know the part number or a link where I could order it online?
Thanks
Yeah the sxv rim wouldnt fit, dont know if the forks will, ill see about that cause I have a set of sxv forks and adjustable triples and the axle diameter is the same on both bikes

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts