SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup CRF monkies,

I have a pair of excel hubs... the stock non braking side spacer is the odomoter.... I bought a spacer to replace the odomoter but it does not fit my excel wheels either.

Is the R spacer the required spacer. I guess what im getting at is this: Is the inside gap between the fork legs the same on the X as the R? I have it spaced out now with brass shims but I would prefer a more exact fit. Thanks.

Also, just put on a EBC rotor and it is noisy as fuck. Switch back to non-sintered?

-mackay

·
Registered
138 Posts
i don't think it is the same. i put rad mfg wheels on my x a few years back and if i remember correctly i had to get an optional spacer to replace the odometer.i don't think the spacer they ship with their crf wheels would fit. you can get the spacer from them cheap, but i don't know if it would work with a different brand of hub.
this may be what you need
http://www.amazon.com/Excel-Pro-Series-Spacer-S211-04/dp/B0022ZZ9VQ

·
Registered
573 Posts
You probably need the R axle... I have DNA's, which I think copy talon hubs, and I had to get the R axle. Gap between fork legs should be the same, it's just the R axle has a longer shoulder to compensate for lack of odometer drive.

I was able to make it work with the X axle being pushed in about a 1/4" on the right side, but getting the R axle was the way to go. Picked it up on ebay for about $10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts