SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, came from a 'orange 525' background and would need some advices from any of the Husk experts here. I'm deciding between a 450SMR and a 510. Could any kind soul advise the difference between the two in terms of using for race and commuting daily? Any advices and information greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
As far as I know, I believe the consensus is that the 450 revs quicker but the 510 has a little more torque, with power being almost the same. I've heard people say the 450 is better for tight tracks because it revs quicker, with the 510 possibly being a tiny bit better for the street because of the torque. That's just what I've read so somebody may correct me.

BTW I have a 2010 510:thumbup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
450, fast revving, decent hp and torque. 510 little slower revving, more torque and a little more hp.

Most go with a 450 for racing. I would recommend a 510 for street use but anyhow, both are fun.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I gather when you talk 450 SMR u mean the XC4 motor ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think most race organizations usually have a 450 class and an unlimited class. If you have a 510, you can't do the 450 class. But if you have a 450, you can run both. That's my only gripe with racing the 510.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Hazmatt hit the nail right on the head.:thumbup:

And Grejji is also correct on what class you can run the 510 in.

I have the 510 and my bro has the 450, both the same model year. They are so close in performance it's a horse a piece which route you go. Others may disagree saying the 510 is faster, but on the track they are locked.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the 510 and my bro has the 450, both the same model year. They are so close in performance it's a horse a piece which route you go. Others may disagree saying the 510 is faster, but on the track they are locked.
Since they have the same head, and only stroke is greater on the 510 (501cc really!) that makes sense. The 450 will make less torque, but also keep making it at the higher rpms so that top end power is similar.

The 510 will have more grunt in low and midrange which is useful on roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts