SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, sick of the brake fade, it has to be somewhere, the master is a good unit, im thinking its either the rotor or the caliper...

which brings me to.

will this caliper http://www.motostrano.com/brbiramoca44.html fit directly onto the SMR with the stock bolts, rotor, line?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yes ,i've been looking at the same caliper for my radial setup.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Stockers ,from what i've heard a Brembo/Beringer/Magura upgrade is the way to go ,also the Castrol SRF brake fluid is "supposed" to be alot better than the rest...I use Motul now and seems "run of the mill" and no real difference than the Motorex ,but the Castrol is $65.00 a liter! ,but you could see if the boiling point is better before a new caliper...but i'm pretty skeptical on it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i would guess the rotor, i think the Braking rotor is better than the stocker. it made quite a difference on my bike. but im still on stock pads in front, rear im not.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't the stock ktm rotor made by braking?

·
Registered
585 Posts
just make sure the bolt spacing fits your mount. Im guessing your bike has a radial mount fork bottom. Ktm use 100mm spacing between the bolts. I bought a caliper (not the same as yours) but the spacing was 108mm (for the jap bikes) so now Ive got an expensive paper weight. Just something you should check out before buying :hmmm:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just make sure the bolt spacing fits your mount. Im guessing your bike has a radial mount fork bottom. Ktm use 100mm spacing between the bolts. I bought a caliper (not the same as yours) but the spacing was 108mm (for the jap bikes) so now Ive got an expensive paper weight. Just something you should check out before buying :hmmm:
yeah definately, the one i posted is a 100mm mount i believe.

i think im just going to wait for a beringer 4 piston and do it right and get it done with.

designed specif. for sumo bikes (no griding on the back to get it to fit) and is def top notch

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone try the ebc MXS405 pads?

ive seen posts about the GFA's but nothing about the MXS pads..

·
Registered
128 Posts
The stock pads are terrible. Unless you feel like spending a bunch of money, try some new pads first.

The Ferodo full race pads are good, they take a couple of good stops to warm up, but I didn't really have any issues with fading with them.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I like Brembo RC, they take couple of stops to heat up, then will stay the same

·
Registered
689 Posts
Pads!

http://www.brembo.com/ENG/Motorcycle-Brakes/BrakePads/RacingStreetbike.htm

They don't have as good bite as some others, but they are really consistent, which I value greately for track use

Assuming you want it for track use, for road NOT recommended, as the 1st time you brake from cold doesnt do much :D

ps: whatever you decide, use some 120-180 grit sandpaper to remove any leftovers from the previous pads from the disk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fixed the problem.

bought a full magura setup :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts