SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Young gun Tyler Odom tested the new Honda 450 roadracer at streets of willow and did a 124.5 on a stock 450. Tyler will race it this weekend at the vegas wera race.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good to see. How long did it take him to get up to speed on the bike? It's kind of hard to say "stock 450" when talking about a supersingle. I like the front fender.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that was his lap time.... his fastest on a 125cc is 123.00 and it took him about 4 laps to get up to speed. after his fist session he came in with a big smile on his face and said he wants to race it the rest of the season. His first race on it will be this weekend in vegas.
The fairing and bracket kits will call look the same but the front fairing with be changed a little for each of the OEM bikes. The new RMZ450 fuel injected is almost done and will be ready for track testing.

·
Registered
819 Posts
gotcha now i feel lame for thinking it was mph!!!

hmmmm.......street titled wr450.......install super single kit......hmmmmm

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy that did the design on the new model has just built the street legal wr450 and let me tell you it is one sick bike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the street legal one.. riding this one the road is like riding a Supermoto bike on Crack

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but this is the first I've heard of super single. What kinda mods are done to the engine to make this bike like "supermoto on crack"? I am intrigued :hmmm:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drop a burkhart motor into a yamaha or a wardy motor into the honda and go roadracing its a supermoto bike but with a little more kick. You can push the front end just like a supermoto bike and back it in like one.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I wonder if a super single could be registered for the road in Ca as a special construction vehicle. Thats one hell of a change from the original dirtbike.

·
Registered
274 Posts
thanks i have been following the developement of the 450 super single calss and i am very impressed. if i only had the funds i would have two of them one for street and one for race. has anyone tried the ysr50.com r1 replica bodywork?

·
Registered
191 Posts
that was his lap time.... his fastest on a 125cc is 123.00 and it took him about 4 laps to get up to speed. after his fist session he came in with a big smile on his face and said he wants to race it the rest of the season. His first race on it will be this weekend in vegas.
The fairing and bracket kits will call look the same but the front fairing with be changed a little for each of the OEM bikes. The new RMZ450 fuel injected is almost done and will be ready for track testing.
Nice, any chance you guys are coming to the east coast after vegas? If so, I'll see you there. Good luck this weekend.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Here is what i TRY to ride in AFM...it needs some work, but its basically a '91 tz 250 with yz450f 14:1 stroker power....I think the dirtbike frame would be better than the TZ for me, probably better for someone who came from a road racing back ground, but I have only putted about on dirtbikes and my KTM SM. I doubt that I could run this in the super single though....even if i did have a motor that would comply or whatever.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is there a website for the kit builder?
A couple places have just come out with kits. The thing to remember is that this is still a pretty new concept, so there aren't a whole lot of places that have information on them. Having someone else build a bike for you is expensive. I imagine that if the class grows, the cost will come down a good bit. Right now, people have to pay for all the R&D work that has gone into these bikes. While the big things like bodywork, mounts, rearsets, etc... are becoming more available, there are still plenty of little things that could throw an unexperienced person off.

http://www.rolandsands.com/450.html

http://www.racetech.com/SubMenu.asp?cMenu=26&c=Yes&showPage=f450 Suspension stuff

http://www.gptechllc.com/ (GP tech doesn't list anything on their site, but they do have stuff that you can call or email their contact about)

http://hyperformancecycles.net/ *disclaimer* This is my main sponsor. While Mark and I aren't offering kits, we did just build one and managed to be the first expert entry in the class a month ago at Jennings. I'm sure we could get someone pointed in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts