SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if you guys were running different/special exhausts for SM on the 08 450 excr which im converting with the 17 inch wheels.... I want to get a loud pipe but dont want to pick one that will rub on my tire.... any thoughts? any problems.... seems as tho not alot of 450's on here but hey ill give it a try lol Thanks guys

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did you cut the restrictor out yet?

I have an 07, I just took the end cap off and there is a part welded on there that makes the pipe get really small. I cut it off right at the weld. Bike runs better and sounds better. Free mod!

Oh and I think the 450XC's dont have this restrictor part, so its basically turning the EXC pipe into an XC pipe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True alright I was looking at the FMF power core pipe slip on becuase its loud and fairly cheap. I dont want to show off my bike with this ugly stock muffler lol

·
6,598 Posts
I'm actually thinking about keeping the stock can and see how it goes, I got a lot of trackdays planned so I can't go over the top with the db's. from what I've heard the power difference between the stock derestricted can and a fully open can is relatively small, we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya let me know sounds interesting... just got back from a quick ride and had 2 police cars following me but i lost them before my house... i think my bike looks too much like a dirt bike lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts