SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been tuning my dizzer in the past month(thanks for all the help and suggestions guys) or so, and I was thinking about the FCR mod a lot of you have chosen. It is quite expensive and everyone seems to be on one side or the other about whether it's worth it or not. I have access to some cheap 40mm mikinu carbs off of the Buell Blast(also found on the HD Sportsters), and since they have a place for a TPS sensor and an accelerator pump it might be a cheaper alternative. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The Blast carb is a 40mm cv carb. It will flow more air then a stock DRZ carb, but it will not give you throttle response and power like a flatslide carb(like the FCR) will. The 1200 sportsters have a cv carb with an accelerator pump. They are a popular replacement carb for the blast, but they are not stock. The stock Blast carb also has a weird auto-enrichment system that you don't want.
One other issue is there is a huge database of jetting specs for the FCR and none for the Buell/Sportster carbs when fitting them to a DRZ.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Blast carb is a 40mm cv carb. It will flow more air then a stock DRZ carb, but it will not give you throttle response and power like a flatslide carb(like the FCR) will. The 1200 sportsters have a cv carb with an accelerator pump. They are a popular replacement carb for the blast, but they are not stock. The stock Blast carb also has a weird auto-enrichment system that you don't want.
One other issue is there is a huge database of jetting specs for the FCR and none for the Buell/Sportster carbs when fitting them to a DRZ.
I forgot about tha auto-enrichment:hammer::hammer: Scratch that idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts