SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right....4 to chose from !

Seems some of my riding buddies are getting out of the Dual Sporting and into the Sport touring! NOT ME...I am keeping MY XR! :thumbup:

Please keep in mind, these are not my bikes...and the prices were set by each owner.

So....here we go!
Bike# 1 (top pictured) 2001 model, Baja Designs kit installed (turn signals and horn are there, but do not work..brake light and tail light do) Full Pro-circuit T4 system, updated intake matifold, jetted properly, Black Excel Rims, and brand new front and rear tires. $3600.00
Bike# 2(2nd pictured) 2001 model, stock head light and tail light, clear IMS tank, Full Pro-circuit T4 system, updated intake, jetted properly. $3400.00
Bike# 3 (not pictured) 2000 Model, Red IMS tank,Baja street kit, otherwise all stock with low hours. $3800.00
Bike#4 (not pictured) I'm still waiting on the info there....but he said $3600.00
Feel free to email or call me. I sold all 4 of these to my friends, and I ride with them often, so I know the bikes have been well taken care of.Thanks for looking! Mitch
828-606-2679
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
They look street legal Dont know why anyone want mirrors in a enduro ride.. :D

Nice bikes and priced good!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, all of them have clear NC titles. Here in NC, all that is required to pass inspection is: Tail Light, with working brake light, Head light with Hi and Low beam, One Mirror, and a horn.

SO, the only thing that really draws the local cops attention is the lack of a mirror! LOL

These things are a complete BLAST to ride too....if you have never ridden a 650 R on the street, you need to beg, borrow, or BUY one...They are an absolute Hoot. I actually Road Raced for years in the nineties, and I am currently prepping mine for a return to the clubman class....the power to weight ration just works.

let me add, I have had several Motards....and even though a 450r of sorts is just as fast...and more flickable in the tighter dual sport rides...They (450s) require lots of suspension modding to feel as stable as a stock 650. Dont really know why....but the bigger 650s dont front end "dive" when you get aggressive in a paved corner, AND, the 650s dont "dance" at highway speeds..:bike:

Hope this info helps, Mitch

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a ONE industries....but I dont know how long they have been on there either.

AND....some Great News for anyone interested in one...the first one pictured is ready to go....Meaning the owner is wanting it moved. SO, call me up to see it in person...or just mail me some money :thumbup:

here is a recap of it:
2001 XR650 R with a clear NC title and Baja Designs street kit installed (turn signals and horn are there, but do not work..brake light and tail light do)
List of Goodies are:
Full Pro-circuit T4 system, updated intake matifold, jetted properly, Black Excel Rims, and brand new front and rear tires. She cranks, runs and Rides Perfect! 3500.00

Thanks,
[email protected]
828-606-2679

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
slightest idea. I rode the bike yesterday...but I didnt mess with any of the electrical parts. I actually thought i may look at getting the horn to work...and then taking the signals off...here in NC, they are not required.
I will keep you updated to my findings:thumbup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am 40 miles east of Asheville, NC. probably 80 miles west of Charlotte.
Zip code is 28761

Thanks, Mitch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts