SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is a post a couple down dealing with this question but no real good answer, plus he was asking for stunt purposes. For a non commuter/non race street bike, twisties, riding to and from riding area on weekends ect. What are the real differences between the 4.5 and the 5.5 besides power? Why would you want one over the other? From what i can tell for my purposes, i guess my question is what are some reasons why i would not want a 5.5? or am i correct in thinking that it is the one i might as well get?

Nate

·
Registered
53 Posts
Actually the 5.5 might be better suited for street riding.
Personally I had a much better experience with the 4.5, the 5.5 is too much for me and requires more attention as far as I'm concerned for day to day riding.

Try to ride both and decide.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
cant give you an opinion as I have never ridden the 4.5. Like mentioned, ride both, decide which you like better.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I will agree with the 550 requires your constant and focused attention. You slack off or forget whats under you for one second and its gonna remind who's really in charge and who's along for the ride. Also tho , Ive never been on a 450. ...and Also tho , go big or go home has always been my motto.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I haven't ridden a 550.
My 450 goes good around the city and does fine on the few straights that i ride to get to the twisty's.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If your the kind of guy that would rather have too much power than too little, get the 550! If you feel u could cope with a little less but would prefer a smoother power delivery etc then get the 450! If i was using the bike mainly on supermoto tracks id go for the 450 but for the road or bigger tracks id go with the 550! Just for the record, ive got the 550....

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The power difference is surprising. There's definitely more to it than just an extra 100cc. The 450 doesn't need a 180 rear tire. The 550 makes much better use of it. :bannana:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The 550 is a BEAST! It is an evil motorcycle that would just as soon try to kill you as look at you. I have sustained more serious injury on this bike than any other.

However it is a ton of fun to ride on pavement. It is like nothing I have ever ridden and I rode a litrebike on the German Autobahns for two years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts