SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From what i hear KTM 690 mounted Gary Trachy aka Trachy357 and Davey Durelle riding a modified SVX550 were the two fastest guys so far. Also spotted were Paul Thede, the owner of Racetech on a borrowed Factory Aprilia racebike and Gary's brother Greg riding am 1100 hypermotard with ground down foot pegs.:clap:

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
not good news...After 2 full days of practicing, I was cruising back down the hill and fell going about 10mph. Unfortunately, I fell handlebar first into a jagged rock. The rock cut off my right ring finger from the last nuckle out (approx. 1/2") I also smashed my middle finger and broke the tip. At this point I am not sure I will race. I have surgury tommorrow and it depends what they do. I'll keep you posted. A serious bummer...but if I fell going up the hill at 100mph..it could have been worse.

·
Registered
569 Posts
sorry to hear gary, i've done similar things, slow speed, but haven't chopped off any fingers...hope the surgery goes well....was it on your right hand or left hand?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tough break. Hope your surgery goes well and you get your chance on the mountain. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Trachy, sorry to hear about that. Are they going to save the finger tip or is it to smashed?

Can we give you a nickname? Like Speedy nine-fingers. Ahh that was terrible. If you need to give me the finger for that tasteless comment...

I really hope you get better. As someone who has been hurt many times on motorcycles I've learned you just have to laugh it off and move on. ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear about your mishap Gary. I hope all goes well in surgery. Please keep us informed. I had a weird experience recently also. I have been commuting to work on an old NX650 Honda i bought a few months back. It was raining and i had just left a stop sign in the center of a very small town and a bicyclist traveling in the same direction as me swung 90 degrees right in front of me. She never looked or gave any indication of her intentions. I ended up corkscrewing the thing into the ground to miss her. Even though i was only going 20mph I ended up braking some ribs. Basically a total joke of a crash but... Get well soon. If you make the CT round i'll stop in and say hi. Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts