SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys last week my bike was involved in a hit and run. no worries she was caught and is now paying for it. this is how much my quote was for 3333.38$ so im taking the bike back in my hands and fixing it myself. Im looking for aftermarket parts. i want larger footpegs, asv unbreakable levers, protaper fatbars, new front rim swing arm engine covers left and right, new grafics(something besides stock) and new chain and sproket would like red, i am positive i want to buy frame sliders now because i feel they would of really help out. im doing research now to find parts but its tricky< i only have a smartphone so please if you have bought parts for your 2008 610sm please let me know thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Supermoto Engineering makes nice sliders

I got my graphics from graphicmx.com

Wheeling Cycle supply will have the Fatbars and other stuff

ASV makes a ever that fits the 510/450 frnt brake M/C....not sure if it fits the 610? There is a thread on here about a small company that makes a sweet clutch lever for the Husky's

That's all I can think of right now.....Hope that helps.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Shouldn't your insurance company write the bike off and buy you a new one?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Holly Batman thats a lot of 3's! I'd be leery about fixing it my self if it had that much damage. Are you sure the forks aren't bent? How about the swingarm? The front wheel is messed up, did she run over the bike? Are the engine cases just scratched or did they break? If the parts are just scuffed up, the front wheel will probably be the most money to replace. 7602 racing makes some nice engine covers for the 450/510 but I don't know if they do for the 610. I'd probably take the $3333.33 and put it down on one of the new 2011 SM630 bikes that were just reduced to $5999, part out the 610 and call it a Diz-ay!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Holly Batman thats a lot of 3's! I'd be leery about fixing it my self if it had that much damage. Are you sure the forks aren't bent? How about the swingarm? The front wheel is messed up, did she run over the bike? Are the engine cases just scratched or did they break? If the parts are just scuffed up, the front wheel will probably be the most money to replace. 7602 racing makes some nice engine covers for the 450/510 but I don't know if they do for the 610. I'd probably take the $3333.33 and put it down on one of the new 2011 SM630 bikes that were just reduced to $5999, part out the 610 and call it a Diz-ay!
+1 unless it's all cosmetic parts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well guys the claim swingarm is damaged because where axle goes into it is scraped. and yes front rim is damaged but from my local deal it cost $297. the swingarm its self was 1123.99 so i mean its mainly cosmetics. besides handlebar and foot pegs shifter and levers.

·
Registered
637 Posts
well guys the claim swingarm is damaged because where axle goes into it is scraped. and yes front rim is damaged but from my local deal it cost $297. the swingarm its self was 1123.99 so i mean its mainly cosmetics. besides handlebar and foot pegs shifter and levers.
Her insurance SHOULD be handling this. If the damage to the swingarm is cosmetic, I'd have 'em replace it.....and then I'd keep the old one in case you really fubar something later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts