SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being the over-enthusiastic individual I am, I packed two backpacks full of formal wear and headed from my home in San Luis Obispo, Ca to the greater San Diego area today to celebrate my good pal's wedding this weekend. One backpack on my back and one bungie corded to the back of my drz400sm and 7 hrs of beautiful California later, I must say, it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. It was my first lomng stretch on my baby.

Sure the seat left a bit to be desired, but for the stock seat that everyone hates and hates and hates, I'm not much of a hater. And the ride was smooth as silk the whole way down, minor shaking from large wind gusts, but other than that it was awesome. Best part is, got 60 mpg the whole way, suck it middle east!

I saw parts of this state I've never seen, and am a much happier and mentally healthier person because of today's ride. Thanks for reading, hope you all have a great ride some time soon.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm looking to pick up a bike in Sacramento and ride it down the coast to LA in the near future. Should be a good ride.

·
Registered
281 Posts
well if it makes you feel even better, i got the seat concepts seat, and my ass still hurts after 50 miles.
and no, i'm not doing anything to my ass other than riding a bike...........:bannana:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
That's awesome, I've done some really long rides myself, close to 400 miles in a day. The stock seat did kill me comfort wise, but it was also too short for me. Thanks to Renazco Racing, I now have all day comfort and plenty of leg room

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I promise pics are coming soon, I left my good camera at home :headshake but some are on the way for sure. And the best picture so far was from the bachelor party when we met Craig Robinson (Darryl from the office) as we were leaving a shitty strip club in LA. He was hammered, cruising by himself and super nice, which is rare for celebs.

Pics comin soon guys, can't do it with this iPad

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to report I am back safe, made it 350 miles and 8+ hrs today, and visited some family, pics coming soon. I recommend decker cyn road (hwy 23) just out of malibu to scare the sheeeeeee-it out of yourself and have a blast

That's awesome, I've done some really long rides myself, close to 400 miles in a day. The stock seat did kill me comfort wise, but it was also too short for me. Thanks to Renazco Racing, I now have all day comfort and plenty of leg room
How big'a boy are ya? I'm curious about seat height. Tried a gel seat (don't know the brand) and it crammed my family jewels into the gas tank. Not up next to, literally inside the tank, uncomfortable as hell, thank god I didn't buy one of those, looked like a Nike swoosh and fit the bike like crap.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
How big'a boy are ya? I'm curious about seat height. Tried a gel seat (don't know the brand) and it crammed my family jewels into the gas tank. Not up next to, literally inside the tank, uncomfortable as hell, thank god I didn't buy one of those, looked like a Nike swoosh and fit the bike like crap.
I'm 6'3" and weight between 180-190 generally. That's why I had them fill in the dip that would usually be in the stock saddle, I hated sitting in that hole. I had a 1" fill in, and it's perfect. There's just a tiny little pocket in the front, and it's right where you need to be for aggressive riding in the twisties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts