SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nice!!! I have been wanting to jump mine but I havent had the suspension sprung to my weight, I'm afraid I might screw something up

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude dont worry about that. I got stock suspension. Sure its not a nice landing but its still fun. Actually with my 21" in the front it scrapes my header when my forks are fully compressed. :headshake

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm on a sumo and I also weigh in at around 220lbs with gear on, I'm also just being careful because I've only had it 2 weeks :lol: It wasn't new but I need to get some guards and sliders before i hit anything to hard

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
My DRZ is bone stock suspension wise. I only go about 155 lbs w/o gear and the bike lands the loading doc drop onto flat grass no problemmo. Just go for it! If you do bottom out, you won't "hurt" anything other than your ankles maybe. :bannana:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
duuuude that grass landy is SKETCHY! thats cool i weigh prolly almost 200 lb with gear!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow dirt with slicks scares me. those are cool pics though. i usually try to land on the back wheel, but that doesnt always happen :D

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Jump that thing! :bannana: You won't hurt it. I'm 230# before gear on bone stock suspension and all I've managed to do is drag my heels and wear all the paint off the bottom of the frame rails.

Check the last bit of this short video for some track jumps, and my other vids for various suspension views in action (and plenty of riding on dirt on slicks!).

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brakelateatmsn#p/u/33/xvEgDETNntk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Deadend, yup divides peak, do you have the same problem as me with your header and front wheel?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts