SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late notice, but all 250 bikes are welcome to road race with us this Sunday at IMI. I'm keeping it cheap to get the 8 or 10 riders with 250s to come out.
$20 plus $10 gate fee . 4 lap heats and two 8 lap points races.
Daily schedule is at rmminimoto.com
Email questions to
[email protected]

Cheers ,
Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Archie,
We race mini gp bikes and mini motards up to 200 cc with 12inch wheel classes. The 17 inch class is new. We have 20 minis signed up so far and need more big bikes.
F1 - 50cc twos and 100cc 4s (incl KLX110)
F3 - KX65s and 152cc 4s and the like
F5 - 105cc twos and 200cc 4s
AND
This year, we want to get the MRA Ninja 250 riders, so we added a 17 Inch wheel class (At least 17 inches) for 125 two strokes (eg Aprilia 125) and 250 four strokes. Its not a spec class, and as long as you are at or under the class engine limit, anything goes.

We have 2other Ninja 250s and 1 Aprilia so far, due to several other bike breakdowns. We rented out the track at IMI and already have it paid for, so I just want to keep the 17 inch wheel class going. We are not going to charge a club fee or even the full track fee, so if you want to use it as a race day, or a fast lapping day, it would be great to have you out there. I don't want to beg...but I will if I have to.

complete rules at
rmminimoto.com

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
That actually sounds fun. I just didn't want to be the only one there. What about leathers ( I run MX gear), wiring etc. Same rules as Colorado Supermoto?? Finally, do you have a race day schedule?

Thanks,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leathers not required
MX gear is fine
As long as fluids stay in the bike , I'm good with basic bike prep. Safety wire nor needed.
We only run the 250s at IMI
The other races for minis are all at Bamdimere.
IMI dates-
July 24
Aug 7
Sept 11
I think there are date overlaps with your club.

Cmon and have some cheap fun .
Chris

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well, I blew up my bike last weekend but I'm trying to get it back together tonight. If all goes well, I'll be there. Come on 250 sm guys!!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am one of the ninja's coming out, thought we would have more interest :headscrat

I would say open it up to the DRZ400's too, we will at least stand a chance against them. :)

$20! Crap! It's costing me $110 + gate to walk in here, $20 is a steal!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm all for the DRZ idea. Make it 125 two stroke, 250 four stroke with new technology or 400 four stroke with 70's technology.:lol: If you open up to DRZ's, you'd probably have a full grid.

Hopefully I'll see you there Dave.

·
Registered
54 Posts
+1 to DRZ's. I will already be there with my 65 but I would love to do a DRZ asphalt class.

·
Registered
719 Posts
One more DRZ that will be there if it's open to us (but mine has full size wheels not 17s). I'd love to get beat by Archie again, it's been a while.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
-------------You guys convinced me-----------
Bring on the DRZs , 250 sumos, ninja 250s and 125 two and four strokes .
Email me your Name and race # .
Gates open at 7am. Be there.
$10 gate fee , then find my gray Subaru to drop off $20.
Tell them you are with the mini moto guys.
Daily schedule is on our website
rmminimoto.com

Chris Martin
[email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
-------------You guys convinced me-----------
Bring on the DRZs , 250 sumos, ninja 250s and 125 two and four strokes .
Email me your Name and race # .
Gates open at 7am. Be there.
$10 gate fee , then find my gray Subaru to drop off $20.
Tell them you are with the mini moto guys.
Daily schedule is on our website
rmminimoto.com

Chris Martin
[email protected]

·
Registered
342 Posts
It runs now. Not too many left over parts. Just some shiny thing with a gear on the end. I don't thinks it's necessary. See you guys tomorrow unless it blows up during break in.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I would absolutely love to participate in this, but can't make a full day on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah- it's the mornings I can't do. Running lights at church this month. Not sure if my BB would be allowed anyhow, given the idea behind the class.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts