SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 EXC250 (same as XC-W basically). I use it for MX and Enduro (unsuccessfully, but have fun) - there's a sweet "road" track close plus some cart tracks guys use. I notice that most SM is mainly 4-stroke so ...

1. Should I bother? Is a 250 2-stroke a decent platform? I want to "give it a try" using my existing bike rather than commit to a new one. Bike is not street legal and isn't going to be - track use only.
2. Assume the regular Warp 9's are best? Expensive but I guess it's the way to go? Understand 17" F&R, 4.5" rear (so as not to rub swingarm), decent tires road/track, brake extender to say 320mm rotor. Am I missing anything else?
3. Any riding gear I need? I have ADV (for a GS) and MX gear but neither seem right - some sort of hybrid? Not much when searching Interwebs. It's VERY hot here - like nuclear hot.
4. Any tips. I know a little but new to SM so a rookie post.

Thanks all!
A.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Andy, I’m no expert in the 2 stroke field but I’ve been riding Supermoto’s since day one. I can tell you that as for motorbike modifications, all you’ll NEED is what you’ve listed. It’s mainly up to personal choice but I’ve found EXCEL rims to be the best, I’ve cracked my warp 9’s and the SM pro build quality isn’t the same unless you’re going with their best hoops. You might want to consider changing your sprocket from the typical 52 tooth that come on dirt wheels for a smaller (42-48) depending on your local track and how tight your corners are.

As for riding gear, I wear leathers with sport boots (most tracks require full leathers anyway) but have found people wearing MX boots who would swear by it...as for the helmet I’d go with something a bit lighter then the ADV helmets and for an extra 10HP go for something with goggles :LOL:

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you don't want to put it back in the dirt , Buchanan Spokes can mount new rims on your stock hubs form a lot less than a wheel set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts