SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a stock Drz 110 with a very stubborn stock carb..air leaks, stripped threads, and just all the problems you can think of! :rant: I saw that other people have used a cr50 carb on a 110 (22mm)? Has anyone tried this? Or would the original size aftermarket 26mm carb for the stock head be a better buy?

Low on the budget, and just want things to run right on this bike to finally getting me on that track! :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
18mm is stock on these bikes ...
Bigger is deff better for these bikes !!! To get the best result in the end ..., a porting job and exhaust system is what'll make the difference of how well each carb will work out .. ;)

I would think that a 20 or 22 would work pretty well with out take'n off the head to port it ? I would just try to taper port the intake manifold to what ever carb your run'n .. I would guess a 24 or 26 would work too ?? ..., but may not run perfectly as it might be hard to jet because of the tiny ports theses heads have .. Idk .., just a guess though ?? :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't there an aftermarket exhaust boot that fits the stock head? Like the 26mm? and suggestions on the 22? and lastly, what do you mean by "taper port" the intaket manifold? :headscrat

·
Registered
173 Posts
Isn't there an aftermarket exhaust boot that fits the stock head? Like the 26mm? and suggestions on the 22? and lastly, what do you mean by "taper port" the intaket manifold? :headscrat

** :headscrat Exhaust boot ?? ... Intake manifold with rubber spigot for mounting the carb to it ..., yes there is ..

** :hmmm: 22mm carb ?? Idk .., ask the people that you came across that say this carb is a good thing to run ... I found this .., it's big $$$ ..., but it gives you the idea of what will work .. :)
http://www.powroll.com/images/PRODUCTS-WEB/20539.jpg

** I'm not sure about this !!!
But I believe that you might be able to mess with the stock intake to make it work ??

** Taper port ...., the port will have a funnel shape taper to it .. Widest part being the size of the carb ID and getting progressively smaller as you get to the head .. So .., if you use'n a 22 mm carb ? ..., The intake ID will be 22 mm at the carb and will then taper down to what ever size the intake port is on the head ...., 18 mm give or take ..

Oh ..., and btw , I forgot to mention .... A cam would be a good thing to invest in, to get even better results ..

·
Registered
95 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts