SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2021 701 SM and I was trying to see if anyone has found out how to permantely disable the traction control on the bike. I know you can turn it off on the handle bar, but it gets annoying when you have to have the stop the bike, put in neutral, hold it for 5 seconds, and then put it in map two just to do a wheelie. The earlier models do not have that. The traction control to me is also insanely annoying in general. It limits the capabilities this bike has by a landslide in my opinion. I have looked at the owners manual to see if there is a fuse I could pull, but I am not coming up with anything. I feel doing this would mess up the mapping too, but who knows I am down for ideas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I have a 2021 701 SM and I was trying to see if anyone has found out how to permantely disable the traction control on the bike. I know you can turn it off on the handle bar, but it gets annoying when you have to have the stop the bike, put in neutral, hold it for 5 seconds, and then put it in map two just to do a wheelie. The earlier models do not have that. The traction control to me is also insanely annoying in general. It limits the capabilities this bike has by a landslide in my opinion. I have looked at the owners manual to see if there is a fuse I could pull, but I am not coming up with anything. I feel doing this would mess up the mapping too, but who knows I am down for ideas.
I have a similar vintage 690, and when I turn TC off, it stays off. I bought the bike used, and it already had the ABS dongle from the KTM hardparts catalog that will make the ABS selection persist even after you restart the bike. Normally, ABS turns itself back on when restarted. I can only assume that the dongle is providing the same functionality for TC.

·
Registered
2013 KTM 500 EXC 2018 Husqvarna 701 SM
4 Posts
There is a mod done to eliminate the TC where you unscrew the sensor and add an M6 nut between the sensor and the mounting hole. However this also disables the ABS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a mod done to eliminate the TC where you unscrew the sensor and add an M6 nut between the sensor and the mounting hole. However this also disables the ABS
You are essentally saying this just using a nut as a jumper between two connections? Do you know where to find a reference for this mod? I am fine with disabling the ABS too it gets annoying when it stalls off road and you have to keep turning it off.

·
Registered
2013 KTM 500 EXC 2018 Husqvarna 701 SM
4 Posts
You are essentally saying this just using a nut as a jumper between two connections? Do you know where to find a reference for this mod? I am fine with disabling the ABS too it gets annoying when it stalls off road and you have to keep turning it off.

here is the link to a video. You can do the same for the front ABS but doing so will also prevent your Speedo from working. What I did was the mod just for the rear and then used the abs dongle to disable the front. That way my Speedo still works. If you just do the rear then the speedo will still work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts