SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just brought my bike in to fit a slipon exhaust / PCV and map it on a dyno but ive read on some places that i need a fuel dongle wich i told to the place where i brought in my bike, but he said that its not needed because i have a PCV and i shouldnt believe everything on the internet...

So thats why im here, do you need a fueling dongle with my setup / do you need to combine it with the PCV ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious as I don’t know that much about these bikes but I do know a bit about engines and tuning. Looks like you can get the tuning software for free that will read the maps right out of the oem ecm. The cable is like 40$ so my question is why do you need a pvc if the oem ecm can be tuned? I’m thinking bc where you get it dyno tuned they’re probably only familiar with tuning on software for pcv. Maybe some pros here can tell us if there are other added benefits to running pcv. Speaking to your question about the dongle, if they are dyno tuning the engine correctly I don’t see a need for the dongle, they will either turn off the o2 sensor in the software or they will keep it and use it for functionality. For example when the bike performs its own idle air fuel ratio adjustments that would make your engine run better for different conditions. But these conditions in the ecm should be set by the tuner. Included the link for a guy who extracted the maps from the ecm.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why are you putting in a PC for a slip on? Its not required if you keep the baffle in; you can just bolt on the can and ride, no tuning needed...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just curious as I don’t know that much about these bikes but I do know a bit about engines and tuning. Looks like you can get the tuning software for free that will read the maps right out of the oem ecm. The cable is like 40$ so my question is why do you need a pvc if the oem ecm can be tuned? I’m thinking bc where you get it dyno tuned they’re probably only familiar with tuning on software for pcv. Maybe some pros here can tell us if there are other added benefits to running pcv. Speaking to your question about the dongle, if they are dyno tuning the engine correctly I don’t see a need for the dongle, they will either turn off the o2 sensor in the software or they will keep it and use it for functionality. For example when the bike performs its own idle air fuel ratio adjustments that would make your engine run better for different conditions. But these conditions in the ecm should be set by the tuner. Included the link for a guy who extracted the maps from the ecm.

You can tune the 08-11 era 690s with an old laptop and cord and TuneECU software, not the 2 newer generation models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why are you putting in a PC for a slip on? Its not required if you keep the baffle in; you can just bolt on the can and ride, no tuning needed...
Because i wanted them to break in the engine on a dyno aswel, and since they were at it they could just put on a slipon and a pcv because its gonna get put on a dyno anyway + more upgrades possible with the pcv

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cool, interested to see where you take it....

think you’re referring to a lot of the Rottweiler products. They have some videos on YouTube explaining what each of their kits and dongles are trying to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts