SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure if the dealer has to do something with the ECM during the 1st service (620 miles) to unlock the mapping, traction control, etc? I've asked 2 different dealers and 1 said I need to bring it in for them to do it and the other dealer said at 620 miles the ECM knows the mileage was hit so the ECM will adjust automatically. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There is an hour meter built into the display - you can find the instructions In the owners manual. They reset this (depending - my dealer turns it off on delivery )

I believe the traction control is hardwired - but I would be interested in knowing more as I have not seen the insides of the 701 2020 yet - though I rode the 2019 KTM 690 with tc mode switch and etc.

favorite was the 2016 - that one actually had an interesting set of maps - while the 2019 has one default map.

In my experience it’s hard to get a tech on the phone and that’s the only way you’ll get an accurate answer - in my experience this is not the kind of bike that has any kind of limiter before break-in - unlike a Ducati .

Traction breaks pretty easily on this bike 2019,2017 it’s happy to lift the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts