SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought three KTMs from a dealership that made us a great deal on the bunch. My friend took one of them, plan was to build one as a race bike. Garage shop space didn't work out (live in NYC), so we're putting the nicer one up for sale.

Bike is brand new, no miles, no scratches, no marks, clear VIN, no salvage, never titled. Have a corporate MSO coming in; so you'll be the first owner. Full one year factory KTM warranty. Comes with the black binder kit, two keys, manual, parts catalog, tool kit, and optional rear grab handles (not installed).

Bike is stored indoors; climate controlled unit. Obviously not using it.

If you see one of these bikes for sale, expect dealer to add around $1000 in fees (delivery, set up, paperwork, etc), PLUS sales tax. I've seen dealers add as much as $980 for delivery alone!. We were looking for a while for one, Lot of BS with final prices.

They retail for $11,860 (plus $1K in fees) around here. Ours is priced at $10,800 cash, and nothing else.

I have an awesome delivery guy here in NJ, fellow racer, and professional hauler/truck driver with CDL. Great service and prices, travels cross county a lot, so can arrange delivery.

I'll take some better picts when it stops raining here, but here are a few quick ones; its raining today! The Beta and second SMC690 are not for sale:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm in PA I have seen you had these listed on Craigslist for a while ... Might be a tough sale cash at that price . Its a good economy , if there spending that kind of dough there going to a dealer in most cases .
I wish you well with your sale , I just seen a 2019 smc 690 sell in Ohio for 9600 with no miles .
Are these bikes titled or just flipping the MSO ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We bought three bikes at once (at a nice discount), I kept one, and our friend kept hers, so just one SMC for sale. It just has the MSO, never titled. Just .4km, so doubt the dealer rode it either.

I've been searching for a 2019 SMC690 for a good six months; closest I've ever came to was a 2K mile used one at a dealer for $10,400. Was ready to buy/wire funds, then got the "oh, we don't do remote sales, you need to come here in person to buy this bike'. Wasn't worth the 6 hours (one way) drive plus truck rental. Not to mention, it sounded very suspicious. No technical/legal reason why I can't buy a bike remotely and have it shipped, done it several times (as long as you wire the funds). Guessing they would have slapped on the typical fees and such once I arrived. Seen that before with a car I tried to purchase.

If there was a new 2019 bike for $9600, they didn't advertise it very well; i would have found it by now! Although at this point, i just want more room in my storage unit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm in Pa bike was listed at 10.5 seller bought it was too much bike , only had 5 miles on the bike , why would 9.6 k sound suspicious. Yours never been titled with a MSO is a lot more suspicious than that bike especially in NY .
Most guys here if your spending 10k are not buying your bike , they would spend a couple extra bucks and buy a new Husky or new KTM and have dealer support for atleast a year .
Your bike is used even if it has zero miles and never been titled .
In the end you have a $9500 dollar bike .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts