SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So It seems that 80hp/58ft/lbs is straightforward with the pirate power kit and more possible with akropovic and less emissions equipment.

Does anyone have dyno data on the 2016 model 701 - best I was able to find was 2016 KTM - and it seemed around 50hp/48ft/lb - that seems off or the other value is corrected.

Correction : Jdogg has best 2016 I can find at 66HP / 52 ft/lbs . Arrow, rotweiler, pcv

The 2016 has the option of a 732cc cylinder.

Both have 500cc injectors available

Both have power commander tunes and “stage 1” non-air box style mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
So It seems that 80hp/58ft/lbs is straightforward with the pirate power kit and more possible with akropovic and less emissions equipment.

Does anyone have dyno data on the 2016 model 701 - best I was able to find was 2016 KTM - and it seemed around 50hp/48ft/lb - that seems off or the other value is corrected.

Correction : Jdogg has best 2016 I can find at 66HP / 52 ft/lbs . Arrow, rotweiler, pcv

The 2016 has the option of a 732cc cylinder.

Both have 500cc injectors available

Both have power commander tunes and “stage 1” non-air box style mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The extra 1000rpm would be helping the figures.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The extra 1000rpm would be helping the figures.
That's a good point. Even with the additional displacement moving the long stroke engine to 732cc - it's hard to image a 6% change would result in more than 5ft/lbs of "usable" power with a cam.

This is the spreadsheet I use to look for light and powerful bikes.. I updated it today. I try to keep it in terms of RWHP where possible (via collecting dyno results) - though i have a feeling some are closer to dyno corrected or "brochure". the GSX-S1000 for example i have no data on, and the FE450 is defiantly not RWHP (40hp more likely)

Spreadsheet (View/Comment)

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have both engines set up with similar tunes, full Rottweiler intake systems, free flowing catless slip ons, powercommamder with Rottweiler tune,
The 018 690 has a KTM /Dakar cam added.
I find the 690 has more low end, and the 018 701 is making more top end power, but there with in say 5hp of each other,
If I had my choice I’d have 2 of the newer motors. Mostly because the 701 comes with a Forged piston/rod set up and the 690 piston is cast, I’m sure it’s rod is also strong but not to the standards of the new short stroke motors design.
I ever think it’s camchain is a different design, all better for long term durability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts