SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1,472 miles on bike and motor blew on the 210 on way to work. Local dealer took apart and found broken cam chain. Piston, cylinder head, and quite a few other parts needing replaced. 10 hour tear down, 10 hour rebuild, $3,000 bill fortunately under warranty. Have not heard of this happening to anyone else with 701/690 duke. Dealer things highway speeds for 90 miles at a clip aren’t good for a single but that’s whT I need it for is commuting to god awful LA. Sure as hell not doing in my 3500 dually every day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True that!! Traded my 18 ktm 250 tpi for this. Once I’m done working in this god forsaken cesspool of humanity I’ll be picking up a husky te300i or tx 300 this summer. My last 4-stroke..

·
6,598 Posts
owned my'18 for just under a year and beat the snot out of it every time I take it out and so far it has taken it like a champ so why should you be worried about a little highway use. low and constant load on the engine so why would that hurt it, dealer is probably just looking for an excuse. a motor is still a mechanical item, it can fail at any given point in time for any reason and there will always be freak cases with total carnage as a result. get it fixed and proceed as usual, no reason for the same thing to happen to you twice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was interested in seeing if anyone else had experienced this. Not on here to bash bike I still think it’s great. I just think this summer when I go back to Offroad it will be two stroke because even a new ktm has only a 30 day warranty and now I know why they call 4 strokes ticking time bombs as it happened to me after so many online saying it almost never happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts