SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks nice!

How did you get your front brake lines to clear the wheel? I routed mine around the front because I was scared of it rubbing on the rim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks nice!

How did you get your front brake lines to clear the wheel? I routed mine around the front because I was scared of it rubbing on the rim.
At first I wrapped it on the outside but saw a couple other bikes had it on the inside so I checked and it clears. The cables are pretty close but they do clear they are lower than the tire so it just has squeeze by the rim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More updates

So I got my stickers from crispie designs, they look great except I picked the graphics for the older style smc. So I decided to just use the rear portion, lucky for me the previous owner just plastidipped over the original graphics up front. I also swapped out the ktm hand guards for some re-enforced acerbis guards. Still waiting on more parts, so I'll update as they come in. I also changed my speedo via all the helpful write ups I found on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
What else do you have planned?

I just have bolt-ons on mine and a Wings slip on. I eventually want to change the plastics on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plans

What else do you have planned?

I just have bolt-ons on mine and a Wings slip on. I eventually want to change the plastics on it.
Mostly bolt on stuff right now, but I have a couple other ideas too. I figure I'll get the bolt on stuff done first. I do have a smc front fender coming and some exc fork guards coming. I figure I'll prob do all my performance mods at one time once I'm done making it look the way I want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flying 690

So I got my Wings Exhaust and Heat Shields yesterday, in addition to a couple other goodies. I will post more pics this weekend as I get things installed. Here is a pick or the nice little care package I got from Wings.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weekend ad-ons

Got a few things put on this weekend including wings exhaust and heat shields, sliders front and back, new plastics (still waiting on graphics to arrive), lower temp thermostat, and off road abs dongle.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So this happened

FYI don't put your jacket on your bike and accodently leave your headlight on. Which brings me to my second question, does anybody know if I can buy the lens instead of the whole headlight? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Rockymountain

I think you can get them from rocky mountain.......Seems I saw lens only. May be worth a look.
Jack

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Updates

So I have a couple of updates. I got my headlight swapped out from my little melting accident. I got my power commander v fro Rottweiler along with their intake and emissions delete dongle. So I got rid of the missions canisters and got the dongle plugged in, I also swapped the baffle out the louder one. I tried running the exhaust full open but it was pretty ridiculous for daily use. Here are a couple of pics below. I'm still waiting on my steering dampener and I'll be putting my graphics on this weekend so more pics to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks nice!

I just installed a set of Supermoto wheels on my 2015 690 Enduro.

I cut some 3" high x 1.5" wide slots in the fork guards so the front tire would clear. There's plenty of room now. In retrospect, the slots do not need to be so tall.

The brake and abs lines fit fine in the stock position. No rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed a set of Supermoto wheels on my 2015 690 Enduro.

I cut some 3" high x 1.5" wide slots in the fork guards so the front tire would clear. There's plenty of room now. In retrospect, the slots do not need to be so tall.

The brake and abs lines fit fine in the stock position. No rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quick question, I have a 14 690 that was set up as a SMC , I'd like to get a set of dirt wheels but not sure if I need to change anything to fit them back on. Axles, or spacers ? Did your SMC wheels just swap right on.

I've been searching but cant find a thread that may have mentioned that

Thanks

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Quick question, I have a 14 690 that was set up as a SMC , I'd like to get a set of dirt wheels but not sure if I need to change anything to fit them back on. Axles, or spacers ? Did your SMC wheels just swap right on.

I've been searching but cant find a thread that may have mentioned that

Thanks
If it was originally an Enduro, the wheels will fit in with the stock spacers.
The front is the same as any KTM from 2004-2013 (The MX wheels went to a smaller axle in ‘13 I think)
Fit a stock sized 300 mm disc. (Assuming that’s what you’re running on the Sumo setup.)
The rear hub width is 690 specific.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts