SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate some help and advice.

I would like to get a YZ450F or YZ250F for road use rather than motocross use.
I know that the maintenance is quite high on a dirt bike with frequent oil changes, filter changes, valve checks, even piston and crank replacement.

I appreciate that for motocross, the bikes will be pushed to their limit and are always being used at the top of their RPM range.
But for street use, i won't be going everywhere with the throttle always wound onto full all the time. It will be used for around 3 to 4 hours each weekend for a bit of fun.

Based on that fact, will the maintenance level be so high for my intended use?

And could anyone tell me what would be the likely maintenance based on my intended street use?

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
375 Posts
You might want to do some reading in this Yamaha section. As most would tell you a WR 450 will give you the best of all worlds. Easily upgraded into YZ 450 power, better transmission ratios, comes with lights and electric start. Either the YZ or WR does not take much maintenance more oil changes and air filter cleanings.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
You might want to do some reading in this Yamaha section. As most would tell you a WR 450 will give you the best of all worlds. Easily upgraded into YZ 450 power, better transmission ratios, comes with lights and electric start. Either the YZ or WR does not take much maintenance more oil changes and air filter cleanings.
+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts