SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

My brother and I recently purchased two KTM 690 enduros with the idea of converting them into supermotos. along with the bikes we purchased 690 sm wheels from our ktm dealer with a 160 rear and 120 front pilot road 3 tire. we were able to get the rear wheel on with no problems. once we got the front tire on and cut the fork guards we notice that the tire actually rubs part of the fork tubbing on both sides. from all the research we have done this has not seemed to be a problem for others. I know the triple clamps are a bit narrower on the enduro but have not heard anything about needing to change them. any help would be greatly appreciated. Also thanks to everyone for the threads on how to calibrate the speedo. without the help we would have taken the dealers advice and had to buy a sm one. I have attached photos so that you can see what im talking about with the forks.

Thanks,

Brad

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
they are just plastic guides. had them on my 09. you can either carefully cut them off, or take the tubes out of the triples and pop them off. if you use the old style fork guards you wont need them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts