SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit guys,
Wondering if anyone has any experience with this. E-start worked just fine and fired her up first try. Maybe 2 weeks ago, the cranking started sounding tired and would take 2-3 attempts to get it going. Shortly after the battery gave out and my kick starter got me home.

Put in a brand new Shorai battery and starting was business as usual. About a week ago is where it got interesting. After hitting the primer button, the e-start would do nothing. No crank, no sound at all. Push it again, then it would crank and start. The next day, same thing - ignition on, primer on, but e-start would do nothing and I'd kickstart to get home.

At first it seemed like the e-start wouldn't work with cold starts only. I would test it and the e-start would work immediately after getting home/office. Turn the bike off, and I'd have to kick start to leave the gas station.

The bike also drained my fully charged (14v) battery down to 9v in about 90min. Anyone got any ideas? Also installed are a set of turn signals (front/rear) and Trail Tech Vapor.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
66 Posts
if your battery is getting drained there is a parasitic draw and you gotta find where its coming from its probably the trail tech or maybe the turn signals

1 - 2 of 2 Posts