SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go to Deals Gap last weekend to run in my new 2012 Husqvarna SMR 511 after new mods and tunes. Ended up with a bunch of photos. 1000 miles on it now.

From Killboy Highlight reel

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
very nice bike! I saw the highlights on KBs FB Page.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Nice shots, and good form :thumbup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sold the WR250x in your avatar? How does that 511 compare?
To be sure there is no comparison between those two bikes, however the WR was a great little bike and I had ALOT of fun with it. I only sold it because I needed the cash to put into the almost 10k needed for the Husky and parts. I would have kept the WR for off road days or to let my friends ride that are new to the sport. The 511 has soooo many cool features and great stock parts...I had to have it. The Husqvarna has allowed me to "push" things much further than the WR did and for that I am certain I made the right choice.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
To be sure there is no comparison between those two bikes, however the WR was a great little bike and I had ALOT of fun with it. I only sold it because I needed the cash to put into the almost 10k needed for the Husky and parts. I would have kept the WR for off road days or to let my friends ride that are new to the sport. The 511 has soooo many cool features and great stock parts...I had to have it. The Husqvarna has allowed me to "push" things much further than the WR did and for that I am certain I made the right choice.
had a drz400sm before my 511

TOTALLY different world. cornering, acceleration, stunting, spitting oil everywhere...it does everything

i can roll it up to 12 oclock on this bike from 4th gear i could barely get the dizzer up

I painted the footpegs and brake arm matte black with clear coat. matches the engine casing and looks pretty good if youre lookign for a style mod. I think i picked up 5hp from painting too! ha.

·
Registered
276 Posts
also, check the routing on your clutch line.

my clutch line chaffed right through my radiator (right side) and had to get it and the right rad warrantied.

just a pita bc who wants downtime in summer riding season

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also, check the routing on your clutch line.

my clutch line chaffed right through my radiator (right side) and had to get it and the right rad warrantied.

just a pita bc who wants downtime in summer riding season
ThanX for the heads up on the cable man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts