SuperMoto Junkie banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
After spending a lot of time considering all my options it looks like the 350exc is exactly what I want.
The only question I have is how many miles do you get between engine rebuilds. I know what they recommend in the service schedule but that is often on the conservative side.
Can anyone comment about engine durability?
Great work by the way.
nice job! This is an old thread so you may not still have the bike, but how did you handle the speedo setup? Did you just go with the incorrect ratio, or did you not connect the speedo cable?

I just bought an EXC 350 myself and want to set it up for supermoto track use, but I am not sure how to handle the speedometer and how it'll mount up to the hub with the smaller wheels.
The speedo is just a magnet at the bottom, if u buy a bigger caliper or a relocation bracket make sure it has the prevision for the speedo module at the bottom. The brake disk itself just drill a hole for the magnet to sit in

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
YOUR BIKE LOOKS AWESOME. I just got a 2014 ktm 350 excf. doing some supermoto changes o it.Did you have any trouble adjusting your speedo when you changed tires? mine is just showing 0, then turning off.
You need to install a magnet on the brake disk. It's tiny and has a circlip that releases it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
After spending a lot of time considering all my options it looks like the 350exc is exactly what I want.
The only question I have is how many miles do you get between engine rebuilds. I know what they recommend in the service schedule but that is often on the conservative side.
Can anyone comment about engine durability?
Great work by the way.
Hello, mate my bike has just hit 11000km with out any bottom end work done. At 2000km I installed a wiesco 14.5:1 high comp piston only for Preformance reasons. That piston has done 8000kms no dramas. Rock solid bike, stay posted im rebuilding it soon !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
350 conversion

Hi just an update on my 350! Thanks to all the replies,sorry for late replies I need to set up notifications some how. The 350 has just ticked over 11000km and I'm doing a preventative rebuild. Stayed tuned!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts