SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am listing my 2011 Husqvarna TE449 motorcycle that is in dirt form, but with a set of wheels would make an awsome SM. (It is however very capable off-road as is. Look up any 2011 video of Gerhard Forester.) Reason I'm listing it here is I have had great luck previously when I sold my SMR510 this spring on here, and was hoping to access the same level of buyer again. I would like to get $7500 or any reasonable offer. Bike is located a few miles south of Pittsburgh, PA and I would certainly be willing to travel a few hours to meet for the commited buyer. Shipping is also not out of the question, which we can discuss details with again, the right commited buyer.

Background:
Purchased the end of May 2011, new. Bike has had a 5 hr dealer prep package included; which consists of fluids change, bearings packed with race quality grease, suspension serviced, valves checked, etc... It has been ridin about 60%/40% off/on-road, respectivly. Currently has ~530 miles on it, but may change if I decide to take it out again.

The Extras:
-Off road spec tires, which still ride very smooth on road suprisingly
-FMF Factory4.1 full titanium exhaust from the TC (motocross version) with the Husky
OEM flange and coupler to allow fitment
-Zeta bark busters and hand protectors with integrated smoked turn-signals
-JD Jetting adjustable on the fly EFI tuner, on top of the optional Husky "race-map". This really makes this bike run any way you want it. You can read more details on JDJETTING.COM but, with the factory mapping options and the tunner it can be a tame smooth running bike or can be adjusted to pull/hit as agressive as you'd like.
-ProTaper bars

Please feel free to PM me for my email/phone if you have any questions or would like any other photos, details, etc...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price drop!

$7000, I would really like to get this sold so I can get my 12'!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP - Price Drop

Ok ok.. $6000?

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Why sell it for a '12? There is minimal change between the two years.. :headscrat

Throw your supermoto wheels on and ride the hell out of it!! :bannana:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up a new KTM, so that's the reason for wanting to sell.

And YES, it is titleable and is currently titled/inspected/insured in PA. (It's titled as a motorcycle from Husky.)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
That exhaust is not from a tc version. The tc comes with ti header and akrapovich exhaust. You have the full fmf exhaust which is imo much better than the stock tc.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is not a TC exhaust, I know. It is FOR (should have worded the original post differently) a TC model 449. There are some differences between the two models, and everything has been converted over with OEM Husky parts to allow a TC exhaust to fit on a TE model. FMF does not offer (least at the time) a full system for the TE449, so this was the way to do it. (Jay at Hall's got everything straightened out)

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
It is not a TC exhaust, I know. It is FOR (should have worded the original post differently) a TC model 449. There are some differences between the two models, and everything has been converted over with OEM Husky parts to allow a TC exhaust to fit on a TE model. FMF does not offer (least at the time) a full system for the TE449, so this was the way to do it. (Jay at Hall's got everything straightened out)
What did it take to bolt the Akrapovic exhaust on? What differences between the TC and TE required any changing to bolt up an exhaust system of all things? Older generations could swap exhaust no problem between 450 and 510, TE and TC and SMR.. :headscrat

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The way the head pipe mounts to the cylinder is different. The TE model has a bolt on headpipe, via a flange on the head pipe that pulls it against the cylinder. The TC model uses springs to mount the head pipe to the cylinder, similiar to (from my experience) older 2 stroke pipes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everything is sold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts