SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running bike (2011 FS570) for about an hour or two my bike will suddenly and noticeable start to chug a little bit then will completely stall out. When I pull over and try to hit the ignition again it just turns a few times and doesn't start. I usually have to wait about 30-40 minutes before it will even begin to start and then will run perfectly fine again. Ive heard the fuel pumps aren't so great, is my situation fuel pump related? Anybody else have this issue with the bike and how did you resolve it?

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
After running bike (2011 FS570) for about an hour or two my bike will suddenly and noticeable start to chug a little bit then will completely stall out. When I pull over and try to hit the ignition again it just turns a few times and doesn't start. I usually have to wait about 30-40 minutes before it will even begin to start and then will run perfectly fine again. Ive heard the fuel pumps aren't so great, is my situation fuel pump related? Anybody else have this issue with the bike and how did you resolve it?

Thanks for reading.
no experience with that bike but could it be a vapor lock or fuel pump getting too hot and not pumping properly? definitely sounds like a fuel delivery issue

when it stalls out, what happens when you open the fuel tank? rushing air sound? does it start up after opening the cap?

·
Registered
914 Posts
The injector on the 70 deg berg was known to have a filter in it with too tight of a screen. I'd say start with cleaning the fuel filter and pulling the injector and cleaning off the screen where the fuel goes in with a couple blasts of some carb/injector cleaner.

To keep it from happening again place a inline fuel filter between the pump and the injector, it's a common mod for those bikes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, I have the same bike with almost the same problem. Like stated before remove and clean injector and remove the fuel line going into the "fuel rail" the part the injector is in. There is a very small filter in there remove it and dont put it back. Instead buy a new one from ktm and move it to the quick disconnect in the fuel line. You will need to buy part #77707010000 its the style that all new ktm bikes come with and the tiny filter goes right into it which will allow you to change the little filter much easier. it could also be your fuel pump but i would start with cleaning the injector and relocating the fuel filter as it is a cheaper solution.

Hope that helps Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no experience with that bike but could it be a vapor lock or fuel pump getting too hot and not pumping properly? definitely sounds like a fuel delivery issue

when it stalls out, what happens when you open the fuel tank? rushing air sound? does it start up after opening the cap?

Ive been reading about the vapor lock on the husa forums. I ordered some wraps and some heat shielding just as a precaution. I haven't ridden the bike in a couple months but ill check with opening the tank and seeing if that happens like you said Kwota, thanks for the reply.

About the filter, ill order the new ktm one like suggested and see if that will help my situation.

Thanks guys for your suggestions, might be awhile before I can ride it again but ill post if any of that works. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, I have the same bike with almost the same problem. Like stated before remove and clean injector and remove the fuel line going into the "fuel rail" the part the injector is in. There is a very small filter in there remove it and dont put it back. Instead buy a new one from ktm and move it to the quick disconnect in the fuel line. You will need to buy part #77707010000 its the style that all new ktm bikes come with and the tiny filter goes right into it which will allow you to change the little filter much easier. it could also be your fuel pump but i would start with cleaning the injector and relocating the fuel filter as it is a cheaper solution.

Hope that helps Chris
Got around to it this weekend. There was no filter in the fuel injector that or I cant see that damn thing, is it the same conic shaped one like the KTM one I just bought? I bought this bike used maybe they took it out sometime before. And with the new part I bought, did you completely removed the quick disconnect and replace it with the new KTM part. I'm kind of dense, just wanted to make sure this is what you meant before I do it. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts