SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone here have a '09+ CRF450R plated? I heard somewhere that the EFI bikes have problems when lighting kits are put on them. I'm trying to find someone with experience with this issue to talk to. Is this true, and is there a way to work around it?

Thanks!
-Mitch

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts
what kind of problems are they having?
they are slower and heavier than Huskys......:anim_peep:

:lol: just a guess but not sure if its accurate or not, sorry im not any real help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not a Honda but I have a 2010 YZ450F thats plated. I made my own wiring harness and I'm running all my lights off the 12v that the alternator produces for the EFI. It runs flawlessly and due to no battery/minimalist accessories, it is extremely light compared to other motards I have ridden.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
It all depends on your lighting kit. I would assume that the stock alternator is only good for a bit more than what the bike needs, so you'll have to get a more powerful aftermarket one, and you might as well toss in an aftermarket flywheel as they have better rare earth magnets in them so that they make a bit more juice. Then if you run LED turn signals and brake lights, you should be fine. I built my own wiring harness back in 04 for my CRF. Its not hard to do. That way you can piece together your ultimate bike with the sexiest headlight, signals, etc...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts