SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Got the bike a couple weeks ago and it had a dying issue. It would start and run but die after about 20 to 30 seconds unless I was giving it gas. Recently cleaned fuel injector has new fuel pump and fuel filter. I noticed the throttle body was dirty so I pulled it out and cleaned it and the brass throttle plate inside by taking it out. didn't remove any sensors or move them. Put it back together and now it won't run. won't even start. FI light blinks 8 times which is a "check the throttle sensor" code. the tuneECU program is giving me a throttle position fault. maybe the TPS sensor was going back and removing the throttle body just pushed it to its end? im not sure. any advice? TIA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Crawdawg,

You might have disturbed the TPS sensors when removing the TB.

Try an throttle reset: 1) Turn on ignition, 2) very slowly, twist your throttle all the way open to 100%, 3) close it to 0% just as slowly and finaly 4) turn off your ignition. Give it a go.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, check all your connectors, clean them with compressed air or contact cleaner (never with WD-40) and try to start her up again.

If all that doesn't work, you probably have to tune your APAD and THAD TPS settings, using TuneECU. All the 690 forums have that explained somewhere.

All the best!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts