SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
So would one be able with a litle practise to do really really long stoppies :D? Other than that sure looks intresting, dunno how effective it would be for a sumo thou.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I read an article in a supermoto magazine with Christian Iddon test riding a sumo with dual drive. He said it made the world of difference and was able to power out of corners much faster. There is some development work to do but he thought all race S1 supermotos would start to be fitted with dual drive in the not too distant future. So if Iddon says it's a good thing, it probably is.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
wow well i dont know if it really works as claimed, but the design looks pretty neat. I was trying to figure out how they transferred the power up front, and looks like a lot of things to go wrong... cool bit of engineering though :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
That would make sliding into corners sumo style quite interesting!:anim_peep:

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
dual drive has been around for a while now but it has never really caught on.

yamaha used to have the wrf 450 2-trac that used a hydraulic ohlins system to power the front wheel. that bikes dates back from 2003 but they eventually stopped researching it.

christini bikes have been into the whole dual drive for a lot longer but I still haven't seen a lot of those bikes riding around.

That would make sliding into corners sumo style quite interesting!:anim_peep:
the french supermoto team les 2 roues already used the 2trac yammy in supermoto races back in the day. seemed to slide just fine, the yammy did have a system in place that made sure the front wheel could never spin faster than the rear.

·
Registered
788 Posts
These have been around for a while. They have been modifying Hondas and KTMs mostly for the offroad market. Done really well in enduro cross with the KTM. Also have raced the Redbull last man standing and some of the really hard european tracks. Also as for durabilty, they seem to be pretty strong. And the make some pretty cool AWD moutain bikes too. Innovation, the world would go stagnant if it wasn't for people like them.

A quick google search resulted in these.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1/2284/Motorcycle-Article/Christini-AWD-Supermoto-First-Look.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2j2gfs_z4

http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/lo...hristini_crf250x_long_haul_wrap_up/index.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
that would be wierd to ride one of those bikes, i wonder ow bad the tourqe steer would be?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
"An added benefit of AWD is that the front wheel does not want to wash out. When a front end tucks, the wheel stalls, stops turning, and begins to push. With the AWD system, as soon as the wheel begins to stall, power is delivered to the front wheel, forcing it to turn. With the front wheel under power, it is nearly impossible to wash out the front end."

sounds like a challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts