SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically I went to a 3km straightaway (which is like 100km away from home) just to see what this bad boy can do full throttle.
When hitting 167, it still had juice but it was climbing the speed really slowly so slowed down after that.

Everyone is claiming to hit 180 with ease for this bike based on my research. Also saw a video of a guy hitting 186 with a PILLION. Is it just me or my bike needs some tweaking?

Bike specs:

Evo 1 lid
K&N airfilter
Leo Vince slip on
Booster Plug
Stock Map

·
Registered
135 Posts
Return it to stock gearing and you'll see those higher speeds. The bike is better geared for riding around a city with your current setup

·
Registered
135 Posts
This guy with 15T hits 180 easily though. But he has an evo 1 map.
If everything is running in spec (valves, battery level, spark plug) then first I would be looking at the condition of your fuel filter (or both if you have the in-line installed), it’s likely clogged with some of that grey tank sludge preventing it from going 100%. The pump may also be starting to go too if it’s getting hot from trying to suck through a dirty filter.... But filter sludge is my guess here if it feels like it’s holding back slightly at WOT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts