SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I had a question about making sure I am wiring the turn signals on my bike correctly. I just bought some aftermarket turn signals (Jupiter LED) and can't figure out what wires go with what. On my husky, the wires are blue and light blue. On the signals the wires are black and red. I don't know which wires I should put together and don't want to short out my system by putting the wrong wires together. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Be a sport, you have a 50/50 chance of frying the wiring and the CPU, this is require GoPro moment. :rofl: A wiring schematic would be a good thing to have about now. A DMM would be a totally good investment at this time or a cheap continuity tester.

Anyhoot, welcome to the forum Peo249. Sorry for the sarcastic welcome above.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
And now the resident expert shows up. HUSKY530RR will get it all sorted without any sparks or smoke.

There goes the really cool video.:rofl:

·
Registered
583 Posts
According to the wiring diagram posted, and assuming 530 didn't doctor it up just to see sparks fly:D, dark blue is the ground. Red is going to be the hot lead on your new turn signals, black is ground.

Seriously, dark blue is ground.:cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, everyone, thanks for being so helpful. You guys were right about the colors and I got the turn signals mounted up correctly and they work perfectly. I was able to take the bike out on a ride today too!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Cool, that you was fix that problem

:lol::lol:
For the rest group´s, of course should help new dude in this forum, when there is case for 2010 sm510r husky..
But it is little odd, when you have touch your bike to 2 years..

I was just give little help, Slider82 was told those wire colors, because I did not dare to look at and tell, if you happen to told wrong :lol::lol:, that was big case
It would have been easy to check on my own bike those wire colors but my bike is 30km away my home.

to lloydstrans, "get out of here":D:D there is some issues what is too big for me, there is some case where cannot help, but that was good request to get some video:D

113moto thank that i appreciate..:thumbup:
This is the best one the best forum to read and to hang out, also here is some good info and good people
:coffee:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Cool, that you was fix that problem

:lol::lol:
For the rest group´s, of course should help new dude in this forum, when there is case for 2010 sm510r husky..
But it is little odd, when you have touch your bike to 2 years.
Hey hey husky530RR I need help with my 701 sm. why you no help me ? :<

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Hey hey husky530RR I need help with my 701 sm. why you no help me ? :<
:lol::lol::lol: Sorry cannot help whit that bike, i dont have clue that bike..Also that is now day Ktm..
Just like Slider82 was saying...113moto thats right:thumbup:

PS, but it dipends what is the issue...
:coffee:

·
Registered
55 Posts
You will have to go to a KTM forum to get that
I admit, I LOL'd at that.

To OP--I have a 2010 510 SMR as well, and while it was already answered, I just wanted to chime in and say both welcome to the Forums and that I had the same issue--I bought LED aftermarket signals after my stock signals were *melted* by my *stock* exhaust, and the LEDs come RED/Black only.

Red is the hot (+)
Black is the negative (-)

The Blue/Black is the ground on the bike, you can tell since it's on both sides of the turn signals (left and right) and the other color pattern (Sky blue for Left and Red/Black for right) is only on one side--but I didn't think of that until I stared at it for a while. ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
The joke was intended. Still tho I might buy a SWM in the coming future and tease all of you(as if I'm not teasing you all already, yeah my "husky" 701 owns all of your huskies *12years old mode engaged* :anim_peep:

·
Registered
55 Posts
The joke was intended. Still tho I might buy a SWM in the coming future and tease all of you(as if I'm not teasing you all already, yeah my "husky" 701 owns all of your huskies *12years old mode engaged* :anim_peep:
My thoughts on the 701 are that if I wanted a KTM 690 I'd have bought one instead of my 510...So I think I'd go for the FS501 since it's lighter and more like the 510.

...but I think I'll likely just get the 530RR kit for my 510 ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Air welcome my husky brother we are just mess in with ya
The 450 / 510 / 530 guys have a sense of humor
Think about it look what we own and love
But seriously since you are a Trader to the KTM brand and have come over to the dark side
I am a tech and try to collect all the real life data I can
are you having any fuelling issues or is the 701 just smoking the rear tire from a 10mph roll on with out the help of the front brake?
Tell your fellow Husqvarna brothers what it is
This would be a great place to start a secret thread to where we could save the world
and the cool part about it is, the only way to find us it to go to the 2010 SMR510 turn signal wiring Help thread
and we can meet every day at this time and discuss matters of great importance.
Bill.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts