SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new rider here, newish to bikes ive had this bike for a few months now i got it with 8000 miles no mods or anything , the only thing ive had done to it was have the valves adjusted. The bike runs great when i get it running but thats the problem getting it running. It will not start without choke , on choke it goes up to about 5000rpms but even after a min or 2 on choke ill shut the choke and it goes down to about 1000 and bobs up and down till it stalls, if i leave the choke on and let it warm up for a bit it finally stays running , this doesnt seem right to me though , doesnt seem right to run the bike a 5k rpms on a cold start. i also cant get it to idle at 1300 it stays at about 2000 after it finally warms up i have adjusted the throttle stop several times the best i can get though is 2000rpm at idle , im wondering how i could solve this , the bike does run its just take a ridiculous amount of time to get going id like to be able to start it up gear up and leave withing a few minuets, and as i said it just doesnt seem right to run that high of a rpm on a cold start.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi new rider here, newish to bikes ive had this bike for a few months now i got it with 8000 miles no mods or anything , the only thing ive had done to it was have the valves adjusted. The bike runs great when i get it running but thats the problem getting it running. It will not start without choke , on choke it goes up to about 5000rpms but even after a min or 2 on choke ill shut the choke and it goes down to about 1000 and bobs up and down till it stalls, if i leave the choke on and let it warm up for a bit it finally stays running , this doesnt seem right to me though , doesnt seem right to run the bike a 5k rpms on a cold start. i also cant get it to idle at 1300 it stays at about 2000 after it finally warms up i have adjusted the throttle stop several times the best i can get though is 2000rpm at idle , im wondering how i could solve this , the bike does run its just take a ridiculous amount of time to get going id like to be able to start it up gear up and leave withing a few minuets, and as i said it just doesnt seem right to run that high of a rpm on a cold start.
The bike is known to be REALLY cold blooded. You just have to let it warm up a good long time. Not a good answer you wanted to hear, sorry.

The new 2018 model they just brought out has fuel injection and it completely solves that problem and has some good suspension updates too. It's become a pretty nice dual sport. No SM model, but a set of Warp9 rims would fix that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The bike is known to be REALLY cold blooded. You just have to let it warm up a good long time. Not a good answer you wanted to hear, sorry.

The new 2018 model they just brought out has fuel injection and it completely solves that problem and has some good suspension updates too. It's become a pretty nice dual sport. No SM model, but a set of Warp9 rims would fix that.
I can deal with waiting a few , but is there a way I can get it to idle without choke or is it gonna be ok warming the bike up at 4K every time ? And hey any answer is better than being clueless thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts