SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I putting my 2009 SM510R up for sale. Some facts about the the bike-

I'm the original owner, the bikes never been down, it's well maintained (Motorex 10w-60 only, valve checks, ect). The bike does have a few mods that in include a power commander PC-V, billet quick-turn throttle, motosportz steering damper, SME axle sliders, up-tite "Y", "gutted" stock exhaust (actually a stainless steel perforated exhaust core wrapped in packing) (also includes a set of un-molested stock pipes), Husky high flow water pump impeller, and some other small details.

The bike is pictured with Marchesini wheels which are available for $600 more (a total of $6,800) There is also an STM slipper I'll let go with the bike for another $400 (making the grand total $7,000 for wheels and slipper) Otherwise the stock wheels and clutch will be supplied.

Here are some pics

These pics where taken at Grange, the one and only time the bike has ever been on a track. As a rule I never "beat on" my bikes. This bike has spent most of it's life cruising Hwy 2. Also the CA street legal registration is current and I have the pink slip in hand. PM is the best way to reach me. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
When I had my 450r and 450rr, I was still drooling over this bike. Seen it in person, and it's very impressive.

If I had not just picked up the Husaberg I would strongly consider this bike..

So.. why the sale? :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As much as I love the bike I just don't use it enough. It's an absolute blast to ride but all my buddies are on sport bikes (which I also ride) so 9 times out of 10 I take the R1 and leave the poor husky. Besides, I have a TE510 with spare set of sumo wheels if I get the itch. :thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
As much as I love the bike I just don't use it enough. It's an absolute blast to ride but all my buddies are on sport bikes (which I also ride) so 9 times out of 10 I take the R1 and leave the poor husky. Besides, I have a TE510 with spare set of sumo wheels if I get the itch. :thumbup:
You wouldn't be interested in a trade for an r1 then...?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not really looking for a trade (unless you want to part with that plated WR) but out of curiosity what are the details on the bike?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm not really looking for a trade (unless you want to part with that plated WR) but out of curiosity what are the details on the bike?
04 r1, one owner, 11k miles, always maintained at store bought from, m4 limited edition exhaust, sliders, Bar end mirrors, eliminator kit... Ext.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice lookin bike!

I've got a DRZ and lookin to upgrade... either WR450 (plated), Husky 510/511, or Husa 570.

What are the suggested valve check intervals on this bike? Maintenance fairly eeasily doable in your own garage?

GLWS!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This bike is extremely easy to work on. Valve checks are a snap. I changed the oil every 500mi and checked the valves every other oil change. I've never had to adjust them, they've always been in the middle of the spec. I believe the manual recommended 1500mi between oil changes for street use however.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts