SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY got SM rims for my G450X. Been riding it in the dirt for a while and got a good deal on a set of Rad MFG wheels for it that I couldn't pass up. It's a blast! Geared a bit too low right now but it's still fun :bannana:

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Looks good:thumbup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I saw a G450X, in dirt trim, at the dealer a couple of years ago and the first thing that came to mind was, "what a sweet supermoto that thing would make".

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments!

It's a blast on the street. I had a DRZ SM before this which was also a lot of fun, but the difference is night and day. Although the seat on the DRZ was like a lazy-boy compared to the G450 :laughingr

Like i said, gearing is too low, need to re-set the speedo sensor for the 17''s, other than that its set up pretty nicely for SM. The suspension is a little harsh stock for dirt riding but is PERFECT on pavement/rough roads.

It's a 5spd, so i find myself a lot in 4/5th right now. Just gotta find a good medium gearing selection cause i ride it in dirt trim a lot.

If anyone is interested in one of these let me know, take mine for a rip, and if you like it I have a hookup for them right now :thumbup:

Here's a shot of it with the dirt wheels:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also wanted to add, for anyone looking to do this on their bike...

The wheels from RAD were a direct bolt on, they machined the spacers and made the hubs for the bike. The only issues I ran into were fitting the front wheel on with the fork guards. Just had to trim them down/cut them out with a dremel to fit the wider front tire. Also had to re-route the front brake line to the outside of the fork, usually runs on the inside of the fork. Other than that it was an easy swap! Can change them out in a matter of minutes. Im also using stock brake rotors and they work extremely well!

·
Registered
323 Posts
that looks good, just need to get a supermoto front fender, but i love it, i want to buy one i thought about selling my husky but dont know if i want to stick with a supermoto or get something more for the highway

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that looks good, just need to get a supermoto front fender, but i love it, i want to buy one i thought about selling my husky but dont know if i want to stick with a supermoto or get something more for the highway
Yeah, I've got a spare Im going to experiment with/cut down. The white part of the fender is bolted to the headlight shroud/inner fender so its easy to swap out!

And yeah I hear you, i have an SV for commuting/highway riding, cant use this thing everyday...although I have been lately.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Looks awesome !!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Thats a sweet ride! Where are ya located at? Since you offered, I would love to take it for a spin :D A BMW just isnt in my budget right now but I would love to have one in the future.

·
Registered
846 Posts
trade you for my GS650 :anim_peep:.... lol .

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats a sweet ride! Where are ya located at? Since you offered, I would love to take it for a spin :D A BMW just isnt in my budget right now but I would love to have one in the future.
You can get into a like-new one for around $5600!! :thumbup:

And im in CT...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts