SuperMoto Junkie banner

2009 as SuMo

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  sniff 
#1 ·
This is the first pic I've seen on the new 09 with 17" on it. And it's a race pic :D

I was taken at a race in Germany this last weekend. Unfortunately I don't have any more info, maybe some of our German friends might shed some light on the matter.

Edit: Another pic.
Jörg Steenbock was the rider. He entered a series one step below the German champs if my very old school german was correct. He got pole and took the holeshot and I think he also won the heat (lots of strange german words...)

#10 ·
$ 9100.00 for a 570 with knobs....plus brakes, wheels/tires, sliders, lowering/revalving and pipe/jeting plus the xtra goodies......its 13 K when all said and done.....I know Katooms wil be up $$ in 009 but holy crap sm's are gettin spendy....haven't even touched the heads yet....:eek:

#11 ·
With todays exchange rates 13k US$ is still some 2k under what we pay for just the bike here :eek::rant:
I would buy a whole container of 450s and 570s for ~9k and ship them here in a minute if I could.
My neighbor is waiting for a container of Yams (YZF 250s and 450s) to be delivered.

You know that there will be no jetting on the new bikes? ;)
Akra will only make a slip on in the near future since it would be to expensive to make the tools to make the non round header pipe.

#14 ·
It's a perfect match :thumbup:
The triple clamps are the same as your bike.
Maybe you'll be able to use a KTM SMR rear shock but that I'm not so sure about just yet.

#16 ·
It does, doesn't it :thumbup:
I want one so bad but my paycheck has a different opinion :rant:

Remember that all 3318 bike sbeeing built has already been sold from the factory to importers all over the world. No figures on how many of those that have been sold to customer yet however. Some 2/3 is 450 and 1/3 is 570.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.