SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I am new to this forum but thought i would just start here. I live in Omaha, NE and have always wanted my dirtbike to be streetable but NE shuts you down hard. However, I have found a way by getting a custom built title. 1) Inspection 2) New vin 3) New title.

The inspection was just them running the frame number to make sure it wasnt stolen, then the lady looked at me and asked how many miles it had, I said ZERO because it is brand new ;)

I am currently in the process of applying for my new vin for my "custom built" motorcycle. I am using "parts" off of the yz450 to build the bike (aka using the whole bike). You also have to send in documentation of purchasing parts, so i sent the receipts for lights and mirrors and junk as well as the title for my frame. Once my vin comes in the mail I have to fix it to the bike, then I fill out the form for a new title. So this should work... fingers crossed.

Ill get some pics up once I get parts in. I have lights, horn, mirror, brake switch suppose to be coming in today. ProRacing emailed me today and said my stator had shipped out. hurrray. I am looking for advice on how to wire this thing up if anyone would like to add their 2 cents. The only thing i have left to buy is wheels, Im really looking for advice on this one, I was thinking about just buying an ebay set of warp9's with tires rotors and sprocket as a package, i think its about $1300 shipped. I would like to do some track days too Ive never been on a paved track.

·
Registered
8 Posts
local

Hey man im in Omaha too. I am about to buy that warp9 package also for my 2010 KX250F. I had to register because I am very curious to see how this works out. I want my bike street legal and nobody really has a definitive answer so if this works im second in line haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's cool we should see if they will give us a discount for buying 2 sets of wheels. Their site is motoxindustries .com if you dont want to use ebay. He just emailed me confirming black hubs in stock so i might have to order next week.

Paperwork for getting a new vin is in the system, they said to wait 2 weeks for my new vin to show up :headshake that's just soo long to wait...

·
Registered
8 Posts
i will check out that site, but yeah i would be willing to see if they would give us a discount. i might need a little more than a week to scrape some pennies together though. So im guessing the bike has to be payed for in order for this to work, bc you had to send your title in? I still owe money on my bike :headscrat

btw shoot me a pm to let me know where you got your inspection done at. im guessing one of the local DMV's here in town but i dont want to go and get shot down haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, time to update.

Well even though NE DMV specifically says the only frame you cant use is a "display use only" frame, they are now saying it has to be a DOT approved frame... which mine is of course an off road only designated by the DOT... Usually I like to be wined and dined before i get F*d. I tried to argue my point but they don't care, it is their job to say no.

So moral of the story, buy one from out of state that is already street titled. Or move.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats funny, I am thinking about moving to AZ. Where are you from?
I am from cave creek, its a smallish town just north of scottsdale. If u do move there you might reconsider tarding your bike though. You can ride dirt year round n theres tons of tracks to ride any given day. The mx scene out there is huge compared to nebraska. If I were to move back I would live i n the northern part of the state the valley is too hot for me n its of d bags..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts