SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is my 2008 YZ450 street legal supermoto. 37.1 hours since I bought the bike and converted it in 2009. Original owner was a tech guy at a Yamaha dealer who estimated about 15 hours on the bike when he sold it to me. Bike was in immaculate condition when I bought it and is in immaculate condition today. Bike has a MA title and street plate and inspection sticker, which is very difficult to get in MA. Bike runs perfect, never any issues. $5900. Long list of parts on the bike includes:

-- Polisport white IPD plastic (i.e., injection molded graphics – not stickers)
-- TM Designworks rear chain guard
-- Graves chain block
-- Polisport hi/lo beam 35w DOT headlight
-- DMP front and rear LED turn signals w/LED flasher relay (located in airbox)
-- Full DC lighting system using Pro Racing (UK) 50w stator (not Moose/Electrosport) and Trail Tech regulator/rectifier
-- Black powder coated ignition cover and outer clutch cover
-- Fluidyne radiators
-- CV4 white radiator hoses
-- Braking 320mm front rotor
-- Motomaster front caliper relocator bracket
-- Zeta front brake line clamp
-- IMS 3.1 gal. tank – natural
-- Leo Vince X3 exhaust (header and silencer) w/ silencer dB insert
-- RAD Mfg. wheels (gold hub/black rim), 17x5 rear, 17x3.5 front
-- Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires, excellent tread, 160 rear, 120 front
-- Supermoto Engineering integrated rear slider/axle blocks
-- Zeta rear brake clevis
-- Talon shock preload collar
-- Trail Teck supermoto kickstand adapted for yz450
-- Blue shock spring, stock rate
-- GYTR anodized blue ignition cover plugs
-- STM anodized blue oil fill plug
-- Fastway anodized blue case saver
-- Red anodized carb fuel screw
-- 12v horn
-- APA coolant overflow can
-- Vortex sprockets with 15/45 gearing
-- Hammerhead Designs anodized blue and black gear shifter
-- Billet rear brake pedal (Sunline I think)
-- Light Speed carbon fiber water pump guard
-- ASV brake and clutch levers; ASV billet clutch perch
-- DRD thumb decompression lever
-- Foldable mirrors
-- Applied Racing triple clamps
-- Fork bleeders
-- Trail Tech Vapor w/Highway Dirt Bikes billet protector w/ wired turn signal lights and coolant temp gauge
-- Keyed ignition switch
-- Zeta front brake master cylinder cover
-- Zeta handguards
-- Pro Grips grips
-- Turn Tech 5Ah battery, mounted in air box
-- LED tail light w/integrated brake light
-- Hydraulic brake switches for both brakes
-- Battery charging pig tail
-- Scotts damper under the bar mount (damper not included)
-- GYTR aluminum skid plate
-- Fresh Mobil 1 synthetic oil; oil changed every 5-10 hours
-- Guts seat foam and cover

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beyond a blast. Wouldn't be selling it but for fact that I like putting bikes together and this was another project. Love the bike. Same old story -- probably have at least 13K into it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plastics are worth the money. I am sick of applying stickers. IPD will eventually take over. KTM has been using it for a few years now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2010 was first year of FI yz450. Bren5279, I'll be back to you if it doesn't sell. $5K is a little tough to swallow for this bike, though.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
GLWS, I wondered where your bike went after the stator install it really disappeared after the "its on order" post. almost like a new bike in that condition and not a factory street bike either... way more dangerous lol!!!!

z

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey man super nice bike!!! I am building a 07 450 can you tell me how you are fitting the 160 rear tire. Id like to have one on mine but I wanna make sure it will clear the chain and swing arm. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rad Mfg. 5" rear. Pilot Power 2ct 160. Graves chain block. No issues at all.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Price reduced: $5900.

·
Registered
702 Posts
That thing is beautiful man!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you know what I would have to do to get it street legal in NC? I am a cash buyer with cash in hand and I am really interested in your bike. Please PM me with any details. Also do you have a hook up on shipping? Are you willing to meet me halfway?

Thanks,

Charlie

·
Registered
221 Posts
Do you know what I would have to do to get it street legal in NC? I am a cash buyer with cash in hand and I am really interested in your bike. Please PM me with any details. Also do you have a hook up on shipping? Are you willing to meet me halfway?

Thanks,

Charlie
Hopefully I am correct on this, but usually if it is already tagged (original listing says it has) you will not have to do any special requirements. Just take it in to the dmv like any other already street legal motorcycle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hopefully I am correct on this, but usually if it is already tagged (original listing says it has) you will not have to do any special requirements. Just take it in to the dmv like any other already street legal motorcycle.
That is my understanding as well. The only two things I am aware of that can be issues depending on the state are (1) some states (CA, NJ I believe) have a VIN# database and won't register bikes with certain VIN #s and (2) in some states, like MA, to be truly street legal the bike has to be inspected (which mine has been each year since I built it). I am not aware of NC being a difficult state but of course that is buyer's responsibility to know their state requirements. MA is pretty strict on inspection requirements. Most states require less stuff to pass inspection. I have no special abilities to ship except that I am aware of a guy who is currently getting a bike shipped on the east coast (he's from NC) who says he's got a guy who works Uship and it is costing about $300. If he can't do it, then you can bid on UShip or try truck ship, like Con-Way, Yellow, etc., though they are more expensive. But I have no ability to crate. I don't mind dropping off at a shipper so long as the shipper does the crating or puts the bike on a dolly (which some do). I am not able to take the time to drive anywhere. I think my price is low enough to make shipping cost feasible when you add it to your total cost. My original price was $6500. This is for a pristine bike that is loaded.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Price drop $5500. Gotsta go.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts