SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is how it sits today. Only a few more things left to do as they become available on the market, i.e. exhaust, programable ignition, ss brake lines, stickier tires.

I have stripped every thing off this bike I can think of or saw off. I have a huge pile of parts and replaced things with stuff i feel is better. By better I mean lighter than stock, smaller than stock or a higher quality of metal for the application. That sort of thing.

Working front to back I guess...
1. small led turn signals in the headlight, a legal 13" apart.
2. heavily sawed up and modded acerbis supermoto frt fender to get it to even halfway mount
3.cut down levers with white grip tape
4. rt mirror removed
5. 7/8ths Pro-Taper YZ high bend bar, renthal med grips
6. delrin bar end sliders
7. all warning stickers removed from tank, fairing and swingarm
8. CA emmissions removed and redbull catch can mounted behind bash plate in its place
9. 2 clicks firmer on all suspesnion adjustments
10. 26psi front and rear ( a little low i think....)
11. chainguard, cs cover, blah blah blah, pegs, tool kit (but not th box, its light plastic) , exhaust heat shield, blah blah and so on removed.
12. rebull shock resivoir cover. the "cool" mod when smj first started years ago. had to go with it.
13. sawed and fabbed up baja designs generic tail kit to replace the hideous stocker monstrosity! and led signals again.
14. YZ foot pegs. Better profile, bigger, stronger.
15. custom made from two kits, SME blue annodized sliders front and rear.
16. other stuff tiny i cant remember but i am too tired. just little stuff to finesse things here and there and make it mine.

Ive included a stock pic for comparison....

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
looks good!

Have you thought about what you're going to do with the exhaust? IF nothing else you should make or cut the factory heat shield down to a better shape and paint it black

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as Graves Motorsports releases their full system and PIM they are both going on!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is my plan. I hope they dont make me use the stock heat shield on the aftermarket exhausts. ugh.

Thanks for the compliments, the pics dont show the small details.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tires a good. i like them. very easy to scrub edge to edge and slide without making me feel like i am going to highside any second.

rims are 3" front and 4" rear.

dszw-does a pipe do me any good on an FI bike without changing that map and ingnition? and yeah, if its in japan, i can buy it. globalization baby!

·
Registered
295 Posts
the more i look at that thing the more i like it. good work i may be buying one of those when something used pops up

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That pipe from japan is only 350 USD. But then you need the header and the FI remapped. I will wait a month for something stateside...

I dont have the passenger pegs at all. i have the mount for it on the exhaust side and thats it, purely as a crash protector. cause it will happen.....

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pim=programable ignition module, so yeah like a power commander.
i am gonna pass on the japan sourced pipe. i am waiting for graves motorsports to do theirs, since i have been in contact with them.

if the aftermarket pipes are built with the ugly brackets where you have to incorporate the heat shield, i will trim it and paint it black! maybe they will make a carbon fiber muffler and it wont be such a heat issue..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wr 250 X

What Did You Do To Your Rear Tail Lamp To Remove The Stock Unit And Relocate The Indicators. I Need Some Ideas For Mine.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
see my thread about adapting the baja designs unit to fit. it has lots of pics!

this week i am adding a ss front brake line. a race car shop here in san diego made me one for $30!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
fmf makes a powercore 4.1 slipon and a FI box. Moose also has an FI box out thats made by power commander. they are all in the 2008 parts unlimited catalog at your local dealer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts