SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks for the info. How do you know it is a shorter life (vs. the stock bulb I assume)?

How much brighter would you say it is?

·
Registered
444 Posts
You could buy a DDM HID kit and install that. I've considered it but I really don't ride after dark and can't think of anywhere to hid the ballast and extra wiring for the HID kit.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supposed to be like 3X brighter than stock. The parts guy and the bulb's package both stated shorter life. The stock bulb was like 8 bucks and is supposed to last the longest. I don't mind paying more for better lighting. I night ride home from places all the time. Plus cagers will see me better.

I found the HID threads here but Id rather just keep my shit simple. 114 for the entire HID setup.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used to run the Silverstar bulb my 600rr. Lasted about 4 months before it blew out. Check the warranty length on the receipt and hold on to it just in case yours does the same as mine. I work at Advance Auto and I get a lot of people coming back months later returning the silverstars because they are already blown out.

·
Registered
444 Posts
You can buy the DDM HID kits for about $30 a pair! I've run them in my Tundra's low beams and fog lights for almost a year with no problems.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to run the Silverstar bulb my 600rr. Lasted about 4 months before it blew out. Check the warranty length on the receipt and hold on to it just in case yours does the same as mine. I work at Advance Auto and I get a lot of people coming back months later returning the silverstars because they are already blown out.
Thanks for the tip. Maybe if these keep shitting the bed ill eventually go HID.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts