SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 Husqvarna 510 / 530 SMR PRISTINE

I've decided to sell a truly unique machine.

I purchased the bike with very low mileage (2nd owner) and had the unfortunate luck to blow the engine due to what was most likely a faulty piston casting. On the upside, I got the opportunity to install the factory 530 kit as I was rather disappointed with the power output after all that I had read here on SMJ.

I purchased about $2,500 worth of parts to rebuild the engine (valves, springs, seats, guides, cam chain, piston, jug, rod, trued crank, ALL new bearings in bottom end, new sixth gear, new counterbalance, etc...). Basically everything except some tranny gears and cases were replaced with original factory Husky parts. I had the head cleaned up, seats redone, and valve train assembled by a specialty machine shop that does all the work for Oregon's Top Husky dealer. I did a ton of research before doing this build (Falicon cranks, specialty rods, RR cams, etc...) and decided to install the Husqvarna 530 kit giving an additional 30cc. I have all receipts and can tell you more if you want to know. This is a 2008 but I have 2009 plastics so that I could do the 2009 dual exhaust. I have shortened the cans and pulled all of the excess weight out of them (about 7 lbs total). They are straight thru with stainless perforated cores, new packing, and they sound fantastic. I still have stock midpipe and exhaust if buyer wants it. JD tuner is installed along with the Innovative digital air/fuel ratio meter for on the fly tuning (runs great). SME sliders front/rear, Midwest Mountain Engineering clutch lever, ASV brake lever, Shorai battery, hi-flow RR water pump and probably some other stuff but the engine is what is incredible here.

2008 Husqvarna 530; 2,500 miles on ODO; 300 miles on complete new engine, plastics, etc...

Bottom Line: This thing should be in the neighborhood of 60-65 HP. It feels like all of that and then some. Quickest and by far most snappy bike I have ever ridden. Loads of raw power. The handling is incredible....the tires are BRAND NEW. And judging by the type of tire you can see that it has never been tracked. I don't know what else to say; this thing is damn fast and looks brand new.

Why so few miles: Basically, the bike is a hoot. It is not comfortable though and you don't want to ride this anywhere near traffic. I took it out on probably 10 rides each of about 30 miles since the build. It has really just been broken in. I have other bikes, boats, snowmobiles, and stuff that take up my time.

Reason for selling: Last year I rode my DRZ from Oregon to Argentina...fell in love with the adventure/enduro traveling. Just bought a KTM 690 I will be riding around the world on.....and basically I need some funds freed up to take this trip of a lifetime.

I am willing to ship the bike as I have done so for people in the past but you will have to foot that bill.

List Date: 4/25/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2008 Husqvarna 510 / 530 SMR PRISTINE
--------------------------------------
SOLD

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
2008 Husqvarna 510 / 530 SMR PRISTINE

I've decided to sell a truly unique machine.

I purchased the bike with very low mileage (2nd owner) and had the unfortunate luck to blow the engine due to what was most likely a faulty piston casting. On the upside, I got the opportunity to install the factory 530 kit as I was rather disappointed with the power output after all that I had read here on SMJ.

I purchased about $2,500 worth of parts to rebuild the engine (valves, springs, seats, guides, cam chain, piston, jug, rod, trued crank, ALL new bearings in bottom end, new sixth gear, new counterbalance, etc...). Basically everything except some tranny gears and cases were replaced with original factory Husky parts. I had the head cleaned up, seats redone, and valve train assembled by a specialty machine shop that does all the work for Oregon's Top Husky dealer. I did a ton of research before doing this build (Falicon cranks, specialty rods, RR cams, etc...) and decided to install the Husqvarna 530 kit giving an additional 30cc. I have all receipts and can tell you more if you want to know. This is a 2008 but I have 2009 plastics so that I could do the 2009 dual exhaust. I have shortened the cans and pulled all of the excess weight out of them (about 7 lbs total). They are straight thru with stainless perforated cores, new packing, and they sound fantastic. I still have stock midpipe and exhaust if buyer wants it. JD tuner is installed along with the Innovative digital air/fuel ratio meter for on the fly tuning (runs great). SME sliders front/rear, Midwest Mountain Engineering clutch lever, ASV brake lever, Shorai battery, hi-flow RR water pump and probably some other stuff but the engine is what is incredible here.

2008 Husqvarna 530; 2,500 miles on ODO; 300 miles on complete new engine, plastics, etc...

Bottom Line: This thing should be in the neighborhood of 60-65 HP. It feels like all of that and then some. Quickest and by far most snappy bike I have ever ridden. Loads of raw power. The handling is incredible....the tires are BRAND NEW. And judging by the type of tire you can see that it has never been tracked. I don't know what else to say; this thing is damn fast and looks brand new.

Why so few miles: Basically, the bike is a hoot. It is not comfortable though and you don't want to ride this anywhere near traffic. I took it out on probably 10 rides each of about 30 miles since the build. It has really just been broken in. I have other bikes, boats, snowmobiles, and stuff that take up my time.

Reason for selling: Last year I rode my DRZ from Oregon to Argentina...fell in love with the adventure/enduro traveling. Just bought a KTM 690 I will be riding around the world on.....and basically I need some funds freed up to take this trip of a lifetime.

I am willing to ship the bike as I have done so for people in the past but you will have to foot that bill.

List Date: 4/25/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2008 Husqvarna 510 / 530 SMR PRISTINE
On Sale For: $6500 (Local Pickup Only)

I call dibs on the motor and forks if you decide to part it out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm second dibs on the engine! Mine blew this week, connecting rod just exploded! I'm in the market for a new engine :(

530 engine sounds very interesting! Please keep us updated!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm second dibs on the engine! Mine blew this week, connecting rod just exploded! I'm in the market for a new engine :(

530 engine sounds very interesting! Please keep us updated!

Thanks for the interest in the engine guys. This bike is in such "New" condition that I hate to disassemble and part it out. I'm going to give it a little more time before I look at that option.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks for the interest in the engine guys. This bike is in such "New" condition that I hate to disassemble and part it out. I'm going to give it a little more time before I look at that option.
You will most likely get more money by parting it out. Yes, it is extra work to package up each part and mail them to different buyers, but if the parts are in such good condition and if you are not desperate to get out from under the entire package at once, you could probably get 20% to 30% more than your asking price for the entire package.

Still interested in motor, forks, and probably some other things I am forgetting.

Direct contact for when you make the decision:

mauisupermoto ( at ) g m ai l.co m

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will most likely get more money by parting it out. Yes, it is extra work to package up each part and mail them to different buyers, but if the parts are in such good condition and if you are not desperate to get out from under the entire package at once, you could probably get 20% to 30% more than your asking price for the entire package.

Still interested in motor, forks, and probably some other things I am forgetting.

Direct contact for when you make the decision:

mauisupermoto ( at ) g m ai l.co m
Ok. I'll bite.

So 20% more would be $7,800. What would you price the major components at to arrive at this number?

Major components in my mind:

Engine
Forks
Wheel/Brake Set
Throttle Body w/ECU and all wiring
Exhaust
Radiators
Rear Shock w/linkage
Clutch Master (w/lever)
Brake Master (w/lever)

Other than that you have significant integral components like Frame, Swingarm, and Triples but I have watched that stuff go for very little on this site. Sell me on it and you may get to buy my engine. :D

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Please please do not part it. Its so nice. I hate seeing guys part bikes like this. Be patent, Someone will obviously love this bike as much as you have.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also used to hate to see all the nice bikes that would get parted on this site. I understand why folks do it but at this time I do not have an interest in dismantling this beast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
dont part

Hey im in the process of selling my own bike. If you can get free shipping to cali im very interested. otherwise i may be on my way up to portland this summer

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey im in the process of selling my own bike. If you can get free shipping to cali im very interested. otherwise i may be on my way up to portland this summer
Let me know if you want it. I can probably get a very good deal on shipping to Cali (friends). It wouldn't be free but I'd pay for it only if I get my asking price on the bike. I think that is a fair deal. I will also be at Shasta lake for a week in the beginning of July which would save you about 6 hours of drive time.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be perfect if you go to shasta lake with it im only 2 hours from there. Ill keep you posted.
Keep me posted. I'll be heading there on Wednesday July 9th. I would want to meet you on that day so that I don't have to arrange a locked garage for the week.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey im pretty sure im selling my bike tomorrow my number is 530-965-0753 can you text me so we can go over wednesday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts