SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like a dumb question since the images below should answer my own question, but the prior owner of my bike gave me a couple of spare oil filters he said he had for this bike and they are all HF154. On the Halls-Cycles website as pasted below it seems the 08-09 DOHC 4 stroke should get the HF563. Which filter are you guys using?

https://www.halls-cycles.com/Catalog/Halls-Cycles-Husqvarna-Engine.aspx

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I have used both but the HF563 is the correct filter for 2008+.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll order the HF563.

Does anyone know if this is just an updated filter that fits better or something? Prior owner says the HF154 was an identical match to the one he pulled out when the bike was new. Maybe they came up with a better design over time or something (hence the HF563).

·
Registered
142 Posts
You can use the 154 in the 08 model year -that's what it came stock with.

The 09 model year came with some changes (improvements) to the oil system and the 563 accommodates those changes. Something to do with the # of pleats and the spring tension in the filter.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
quick question, is the part # printed on the filter 8000B0593 the HF563?
thats what my dealer gives me and according to Halls, it says 2009 filter.

something else, its $1.50 more than the HF563 filter on Halls site. weird....

·
Registered
546 Posts
You can use the 154 in the 08 model year -that's what it came stock with.

The 09 model year came with some changes (improvements) to the oil system and the 563 accommodates those changes. Something to do with the # of pleats and the spring tension in the filter.
No, the '08 had the oil system changes the same as '09. Up to '07 use the HF-154. '08 through '10, use the HF-563. Many people have used the HF-154 in newer bikes without anything bad happening. Note this info is for aftermarket HiFlo filters. Stock, they come with OEM Husqvarna filters, not HiFlo, and of course Husqvarna says to use their OEM filters. The '07 uses oil filter P/N 8000 81675. The '08 and '09 both use oil filter P/N 8000 B0593.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I bought a Scott's stainless one for mine:D

·
Registered
913 Posts
^^^without access to an ultrasonic cleaner, it doesn't really make much sense........

most quality paper filters are great........just have to look out for the odd cheapo one which will disintegrate every now and then and then damage your oil pump and get shit all over your oil system.......*cough*fram*cough*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts