SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a lot of popping on deceleration, occasional backfire, rough at mid throttle. Bike starts up and idles perfectly but gets rough once its warmed up and riding at mid throttle.

Any have that issue before?

Pretty sure i have the loose fuel pump / fuel light issue so I need to fix that but I'm waiting for the larger IMS tank I ordered to arrive before doing that fix. Also plugs are probably from last season as PO didn't ride at all this season and I haven't changed plugs yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone mentioned the intake boot could be loose. Anyone have that issue? I'll go over the bike real well this week and change the oil, plugs, and make sure the intake boot is secured. Hopefully that will fix the issue. If not, will probably need to go in for the valve check soon anyway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had this happen on a CRF, the header had a hairline crack in it. It was caused by me trying to get a dent out by freezing it with water inside. I put it back on the bike after getting the dent out and it ran like crap. I didn't notice the crack until I took a light to it. Just a thought........

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. Seems like this kind of thing could be a result of lots of different things. Just seems strange to me because it fires right up on first try, idles perfectly (sounds good and stable at set RPM), and only starts to backfire / buck once the engine has some heat in it. I'll post the results after the plug + oil change and after going over all the intake areas to make sure they are secure.

Thx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts