SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new here, and I'm sorry if this was already asked, but I could not find anything related to my issue.

I just picked up an 07 WR450F yesterday. The bike runs great when the light aren't on, but as soon as you turn the light on, the bike loses almost all of its power, and backfires a lot. :headscrat

Anyone have this happen to them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!:bannana:

Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not a battery issue if his bike starts and runs.

The stator will be supplying power to run everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone for the replies! I'll have to look into it all when I get home. Here's some more info if it helps:

Electric start doesn't work, because battery is always drained due to speedo being wired directly to the battery (dumb and I'll have to fix that). As soon as I kick the bike and get it running that way, light work, tail light, break light, and my running light. Bike runs fine with all of that, but as soon as I switch on my brights, no power, I have to be in 4th or 5th to be going 40 mph.

Also, if I have a bubble in my rear break line, could that cause my break switch to not activate? My rear break doesn't work at all, I need to find the leak and then bleed everything, but I was just curious. When I picked the bike up, the rear brake worked in the beginning, and so did the brake light, but now that the brake doesn't work, neither does the brake light.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a newbie haha ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts