SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble finding spark on my friends TM 530 SMR. I started working on it in january and after finding specs from the factory to test all the electrical components I was able to rule everything out and the culprit was a faulty connection at the CDI plug. I manually created a connection on the faulty wire and I was able to produce spark. So logically, I ordered a wiring harness. After replacing the harness, I no longer have spark. I have re-checked the pulse generator, stator, ignition coil, all are within factory specs. I have tried multiple grounding configurations, but nothing seems to work. I even tried the old wiring harness just to make sure, but I still can't find spark again!

The only component I cannot test is the CDI box, and being that they cost $650 plus shipping from Italy, I would like to know for sure that this is my problem before buying one.

Is there anyone in the seattle area that has an 05-07 TM 530 mx, en, smr, or smx that I could meet up with and test either my cdi on their bike, or theirs on mine to verify? Ill buy you a beer!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts