SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
righto bike not been used in 2 years ran great when placed in garage.
totally std bike as new never been touched other than the dealer disconnecting the black box not sure of its name but it always ran great . Battery needed replacement so bought the correct battery and fitted. It’s always been garaged and dry.
turn key and can see dash go on, all indicators / horn / lights work. Hit the starter button and nothing No clicks no sounds from starter motor nothing.
to get it working a used a car battery on the starter and it fired right up so starters ok I think.
checked the 2 fuses near the battery and they are good.
can anyone else suggest things to try please I’m sure it’s something simple
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
So the starter is working when you apply power directly from the battery, but nothing is happen, when you push that start button..So then it sound like there is some bad connection in start button area or, if there is that thing, need to pull clutch lever to get it start etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alls well found the issue checked the terminals on the electrics (the silver box stamped Ducati next to the air filter) sorry not sure what the device is called unplugged it and found some slight corrosion which I cleaned up and voila she starts !
don’t you just love it when you save some money.
cheers husky 530 rr for helping out alls groovy from liverpool uk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts